MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Last time you checked your spare's pressure
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Last time you checked your spare's pressure?
Weekly (ocd, is treatable)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Everytime I check the other 4 (yes, a bit vague)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Ok, maybe 2 times a year
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
But, really only 1 once, yearly
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Never, where is that darn spare... anyway?
50%
 50%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 32

compac
the Blue Ridge Mnts. Va

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Last time you checked your spare's pressure Question
Thought it would be a good poll.

... No offence to be taken on a real problem, OCD, not the spare's pressure... Wink

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety. Anxiety is a complex combination of the feeling of fear, apprehension and worry often accompanied by physical sensations such as palpitations, chest pain and/or shortness of breath. It may exist as a primary disorder or may be associated with other medical problems including other disorders Question

Toyota Sienna xle '08 17" alloy wheels, fog lamps, & tow prep, 2" class 3 hitch, 6 cd changer w/ AUX input, roof rack, power doors & tail gate, split rear seats... but no ZoomZoom see ya on http://siennachat.com

x-owner, '03 MPV LX, All seasons, power doors, side airbags, rear air, 6disk cd, roof rack, Coastal Blue, mud flaps Exclamation

Last edited by compac on Sat May 28, 2005 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
dbusguy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Never done it yet. I saw that I have a spare under there. I really should, but haven't.

While under the PV, I asked myself [scratches head] why it's up-side-down and you have to drop it to check the pressure. [/scratches head]
compac
the Blue Ridge Mnts. Va

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

I do carry a small elect air compressor just incase.

Its been longer than I thought between Pressure checks Embarassed

Toyota Sienna xle '08 17" alloy wheels, fog lamps, & tow prep, 2" class 3 hitch, 6 cd changer w/ AUX input, roof rack, power doors & tail gate, split rear seats... but no ZoomZoom see ya on http://siennachat.com

x-owner, '03 MPV LX, All seasons, power doors, side airbags, rear air, 6disk cd, roof rack, Coastal Blue, mud flaps Exclamation
CheapScotsman

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Great ... I dropped the spare, checked and lubed the winch assembly and wire and tightened it all back up again ... and forgot to check the tire pressure. Embarassed

Its back on the list of things to do this week Rolling Eyes

Test drove a 2001, looked at 2002, finally got a CDN 2003 LX, Mid Blue, Alloy Wheels, Four Seasons, Towing Pkg, Roof Rack ... now at 71,000km
1982 Honda Civic ... now at 165,000km
1984 Honda Prelude ... retired at 280,000km
dbusguy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

CheapScotsman wrote:
Great ... I dropped the spare, checked and lubed the winch assembly and wire and tightened it all back up again ... and forgot to check the tire pressure. Embarassed

Its back on the list of things to do this week Rolling Eyes

Very Happy too funny - I'd probably do the same
mpvcrazy
My MPV drives me CRAZY!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Smile I always check the air pressure in my spare tire twice a year because I apply undercoating before the winter so I unwind the carrier to be sprayed removing my spare and that's the time check the pressure before the snowy season. Now for the second air pressure check I do it in the spring because I undercoat it once again the cover up any new rusty areas Embarassed
1998 Mazda MPV ES AWD

MEAN GREEN LOWERED 4x4
ONE RARE HUGE SUNROOF
Tan Leather
L Lumar Window Tint
Custom Sun Roof Deflector
6000k HID with High Beams
Nokya Yellow H3 Fog Light Bulbs
All LED Interior and Rear Plate Lights
K&N Fliter
Front KYB Struts with Mazdaspeeed Eibach Springs
Rear Rancho Shocks with Non ALL Springs Vibrant Black Chrome Muffler
Chrome Bull Bar with Skid Plate
16" Black Ford Mesh Rims 225/60/16 Firestone Firehawks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nathaluc

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Twice a year, when I change between summer & winter tires.
'96 Protege LX 1.8 auto
Future MPV owner ? Unfortunately not.
'05 Ody EX-L/RES Midnight Blue
compac
the Blue Ridge Mnts. Va

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

What kind of lube?

Spray silicone or what?
TIA

subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Are you talking about what was used to lubricate the cable for the tire? I used white lithium spray. I wouldn't use something like WD-40 in this instance, you want something that will stick (grease).

For the undercoating MPVCrazy used, it's probably oil based.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
compac
the Blue Ridge Mnts. Va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Nathaluc wrote:
Twice a year, when I change between summer & winter tires.

Do you put on an extra snow tire as a spare, Why not yust leave it there???

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Never! I don't have a spare. Wink

Really, on the MPV, it should be one of those things you check every time you're doing maintenance, I think. Such as when you're changing the oil. Run the spare down to the ground, lubricate the cable workings, check the pressure and put it back.

When I had the MPV, I had my spare wrapped in some shrink-wrap plastic, and it kept it nice and clean and protected for if it was ever needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Picasso X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

I tried, but couldn't get that gauge far enough into my belly button to get a reading. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
"I am always doing that which I can not doin order that I may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Whoa - just realized I am way overdue for this!!!! I like Java's shrink-wrap idea.

Where do you get that done?

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Picasso X wrote:
I tried, but couldn't get that gauge far enough into my belly button to get a reading. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

funny funny funny <falls of chair laughing>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Last time you checked your spare's pressure Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Whoa - just realized I am way overdue for this!!!! I like Java's shrink-wrap idea.

Where do you get that done?

Oh Dave, I got it down at a boat shop actually. There's tons of boat shops here, and they will use this thick white plastic wrap to cover boats in the winter, so I had them cover my spare on the MPV this way. It worked awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: