MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy?
MX-CrossSport a.k.a CX-7 (if available today)
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Other Mazdas - SUV/truck or wagon group
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Other Mazdas - sedans, compacts or sports
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Import minivan - e.g. Sienna, Oddysey, Quest
47%
 47%  [ 44 ]
Domestic minivan - e.g. Freestar, Caravan, etc.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
SUVs or trucks
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Other vehicles
17%
 17%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 93

VOORHEES

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

VOORHEES wrote:
Hmmm tougher question now that this post is two years older.....

However, I'd pick..

A direct replacment.

Mazda CX-9

An indirect replacement.

Lincoln MKZ
Mustang V-8 Huh??

-------------------------------------

Now its down to a New Fiesta or Focus!! Wow have I changed my mind a bit!! Still hanging onto the MPV for a while longer though.

1999 35th Anniversary "Limited Edition" Mustang GT(mine) Yes, a FORD! A fast one at that.
#4543 of 4628
Performance Red
5-speed
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/35th-anniversary/

1966 Mustang Fastback 289 V-8
Raven Black/black int.
No a/c (what were my parents thinking?!)

2003 Emerald Mica MPV LX w/rear air(hers) 20% tint all around

1989 Ford Ranger XLT (my beater, God I love this little truck!)
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Our MPV hit 100k miles yesterday - so in the next few years we'll probably be due for a replacement unless DW can't wait. I'll best test driving a Sedona soon (got an offer for a $25 visa card for test drive) and I'm still liking the mazda 5.

Who knows what we'll have available in the 2012 or 2013 model year!

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

DW's nipping at the bud for a Mazda3.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
MPV-Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I hate to even have to think about this. Although my MPV hit 100,000 about 2 weeks ago, and I'm sure it's still got a few more years left, you never know when something can happen. If, for some reason, I had to replace it today, it would probably be with a CX-9. I'm hoping, however, that this one lasts long enough for Mazda to bring the Mazda8 to the US market.
2006 Mazda MPV - 100,000+ miles and still strong
2000 Mazda MPV - totaled by the maid at 250,000 miles
1995 Mazda Protege - SOLD when too preggers to roll out of it with any dignity left.
1991 Isuzu Stylus - SOLD
1985 Honda Accord - SOLD
1982 Honda Accord - SOLD
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I didn't get to the Sedona before the offer expired - but now have one for a Mazda6 test drive. I'm hoping they'll let me drive a 5 instead.

If our van died tomorrow I don't know what we'd end up in. DW would have her choice - and I don't think it'd be the CX-9. I think she likes the XC90, and might go for the 5, but Ody and Sienna are on her short list.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
timoboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Kinda skipped the gen2's being that I own a 96 mpv 4x4 and a 06 Mz5 Manual, but honestly I can't see getting rid of the 96 ever due to its amazing quality and durability (222k and counting), given that all it should need in its time are timing belts and maybe a tranny rebuild, I'd rather go another 3.5k into it and get another 200k than replace with some new cheaply made machine. Been reading about all the problems the 5 has had and am becoming a bit weary, We have had it in for a new ring gear and a couple TSB's, but looks like the shocks/struts are not long behind.
1996 MPV 4WD LX 230k
JDM style 4WD Alloys/30X9.5 All Terrains
JDM Clear Corners/chromed amber turn bulbs
4200k style Headlamps/smoked ambers
Yellow PIAA Fogs
Aries FJ Cruiser Bull Bar/Pilot Mesh fogs
1.5 Inch lift
All-sport Black Textured fender flairs/Grill Guard/rear bumper guard
Factory rear window deflector
MDX Rear wiper
Gentex compass/temp auto dimming mirror
626 Factory Leather wrapped wheel
Mitsubishi Montero Inclinometer
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

subearu wrote:
I voted 'other', since if I *really* had my say, we'd get a Legacy GT sedan and DW would get the F-XT. However, if we roll back the clock to 2002 and the new Sienna was out back then, there's a good chance we would have opted for that rather than the MPV. The MPV is a heck of a bargain though.

Of course, my preference is something with AWD. blake

-Brian

Fast forward 6 years and I find us in a Fusion Hybrid and now a Ford Explorer. Kind of the best of both worlds, a very decent roomy sedan with 40mpg and a 7 passenger with 4wd utility.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Gebco
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

We're currently a three car/two driver family. The MPV is waiting in the garage to be sold; we've been too busy to put it on the market, but it is going up for sale soon. We replaced it with a T&C Limited. It is huge compared to the MPV and drives nicely. Very powerful engine, 6 speed transmission, and lots of toys (meaning more to go wrong - it IS a Chrysler).
15 Town and Country
08 Town and Country Limited 180 000 km - Sold
02 MPV ES Midnight Blue 125 000 km - Sold
05 Kia Amanti - aka Old Man Car 68 000 km
96 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed Dark Green 105000 km - Sold

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Bob and Doug McKenzie
VOORHEES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Here i am again...still hanging with the MPV. I am beginning the process of researching my latest replacements for the MPV. However, the MPV won't be going anywhere, as it would become my DD. The wife would get the new car. My Ranger would be traded in.

I expect to be buying sometime early 2013. The MPV will have probably close to 200,000 by then and would become a DD and around town car. Probably under 10,000 miles a year.

The current choices I have been leaning to are.....drum roll...

Kia Optima LX Turbo or SX Turbo (kinda high in price range however, almost 30,000)

or

Ford Focus ST Turbo (also might be too high, also pushing to $30,000)

If they are not doable, the Titanium trim level on the Focus would be my next choice.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

-Jason

1999 35th Anniversary "Limited Edition" Mustang GT(mine) Yes, a FORD! A fast one at that.
#4543 of 4628
Performance Red
5-speed
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/35th-anniversary/

1966 Mustang Fastback 289 V-8
Raven Black/black int.
No a/c (what were my parents thinking?!)

2003 Emerald Mica MPV LX w/rear air(hers) 20% tint all around

1989 Ford Ranger XLT (my beater, God I love this little truck!)
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post a photo of a cutaway they did of the Explorer they had on display at the 2011 NY auto show ...... looks like they literally sawed the vehicle down the middle north-to-south. Tried it once and got "photo too large" or something like that and haven't gotten around to reducing it.

I'm still soldering on with the MPV.

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
GuamMPV

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I would buy a Sienna
vandad

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I'd love a CX-9 but they sure are pricey.

If Volkswagon would put the clean diesel in the Routan, I would be all over it. As it stands now my MPV should last another couple of years, so who knows what will be available then. The small minivan sure is nice...I doubt I could go back to a car.
raggedyman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

mazda cx 7 or mazda pick-up BT series
Papa was a rolling stone
DaddyinKC
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I think we will replace our MPV with a Toyota Venza. I like the V6 and AWD version and my wife likes the backup camera and start button.
2012 Nissan Quest LE
My car is a 2007 Lexus GS350
www.distinctportraits.com
www.facebook.com\distinctportraits
Tacoland

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Here's my 2 cents worth for some marketing geek that has to read this and make a report for his boss as to why Mazda is loosing market share. I used to have a Ford Ranger AKA Mazda. I bought it used w 97000mi on the clock. That thing was neer bullet proof. I changed the waterpump on it once and a plastic door handle. I was a Mazda fan. When it came time to get a new family hauler, we settled on the MPV. My wife liked it. She felt like it was more like a car than a minivan. Whatever. I liked the fact that she liked it and it was a Mazda. Great mileage, fold down rear seat. We found a nice used 04 w 15k mi. When I was looking for a new truck, I would have bought a Mazda, but they don't make a 4 door? Everybody else makes one. Very sad for you Mazda. Here in America we have child safety seats that won't fit in the exteded cab. By the time my kids are old enough to be out of their seats, they won't be able to fit behind there anyway. I bought a GMC Canyon instead. I have been liking the 5 for a while. I like the style. I think it might be a little small. I figured Mazda was retooling the MPV to something similar the Sienna. The fact that the MPV was smaller than other minivans, has been a complaint for some owners or prospective buyers. By the looks of the forum and the number of coil issues and the amount of time and money that MPV owners have thrown at their coil issues and misfires, I think more people will be gravitating towards the Sienna. I think a larger MPV and the old (pre 2012) 5 would be a good combo. Instead, Mazda chops the smaller 5 and enlarges it and works it over with the ugly stick. Did they hire the old designers that Buick ran off? Buicks have started looking descent again. I was wondering where thier designers went. Now I know. Also, Mazda got rid of the Tribute. No surprize. It was sort of redundant with the CX-7. By the way, Mazda. I can't really tell the difference between the 7 and the 9. Except the 10k price difference. Why are they almost identical? We will probably never own another Mazda unless it is a used, pre 2012 Mazda 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: