MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy?
MX-CrossSport a.k.a CX-7 (if available today)
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Other Mazdas - SUV/truck or wagon group
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Other Mazdas - sedans, compacts or sports
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Import minivan - e.g. Sienna, Oddysey, Quest
47%
 47%  [ 44 ]
Domestic minivan - e.g. Freestar, Caravan, etc.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
SUVs or trucks
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Other vehicles
17%
 17%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 93

cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

edrubins wrote:
cpapashley wrote:
edrubins wrote:
2006 Ford Explorer XLT. Oh, you asked if. I just did. Cool

what about a couple of pictures ed? A new baby in the family how good is that. Hope all the family is well. Very Happy

You asked for them and here they are. It needs to be washed, but don't they all?

Well that cargo space is certainly nice and large, plenty of room in there. Shocked

Hope it gives as many miles as the MPV has for you.

Be good to give everyone some driving impressions in the offtopic area maybe, and also some comparisons with the MPV. Although I know there is a little bit of an age difference.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Will update this on Monday - off to the Raleigh NC new car auto show tomorrow.

Of course, just window shopping - no desire to replace either car with a new car and payment, and I never seem to win the powerball/lotto. What - you have to buy a ticket to win?!?! Darn it.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Will update this on Monday - off to the Raleigh NC new car auto show tomorrow.

Of course, just window shopping - no desire to replace either car with a new car and payment, and I never seem to win the powerball/lotto. What - you have to buy a ticket to win?!?! Darn it.

Now that will explain why I never win......have to buy that ticket Very Happy

Look forward to your update, and maybe some pictures from the Car show.

Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

edrubins wrote:
cpapashley wrote:
edrubins wrote:
2006 Ford Explorer XLT. Oh, you asked if. I just did. Cool

what about a couple of pictures ed? A new baby in the family how good is that. Hope all the family is well. Very Happy

You asked for them and here they are. It needs to be washed, but don't they all?
Shocked needs to be washed?! I was thinking this sucker sure is shiny. I could almost smell that new car odor looking at the interior.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

cpapashley wrote:
vkc wrote:
dw's been bugging me about the mazda3 and vw gti. problem is the the MPV isn't giving us a reason to replace it.

I think I must have missed something vkc???
Nah, you didn't miss anything. She's been pining about her old Golf since day one of the MPV. She loves the van but really prefers a hatch. We got the MPV when we realize either the stroller or little vkc has to go - you can figure who usually won but better that we needed both.

I've personally grown attached to the MPV.

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Garandman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I'd purchase the SWB Kia Sedona, or Dodge Caravan as 2nd choice.
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Garandman wrote:

There are 2 lengths of Sedona? I must've missed that.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:
Garandman wrote:

Outside of NA there are 2 Sedona/Carnival lengths available. In NA only the LWB is offered.
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

So then where does Garandman live?

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

HMM A Turbo mpv from japan, I would bring in one of those,get it certified as a grey market vehicle from the EPA then drive it around here thats would be a suitable replacement
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:
Garandman wrote:

swb Sedona on display at the auto show

2923a.JPG

2923a.JPG - File downloaded or viewed 418 time(s)

Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Wow - looks MPV sized - did you get a look at the inside?
Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Probably only two rows of seats though, with good rear luggage space.

KW

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Kia had it in the truck section all the way in the back - probably the least traffic area in all of the show's floors. And this was the last photo I took on the way out. It was locked and it was a bit dark - there was a 3rd row but it was folded. I couldn't see if it was a split or a solid bench 3rd row.

I think Kia was doing a reverse psychology thing where if they hide it and don't play it up people will want to see it I don't know

cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

vkc wrote:
Kia had it in the truck section all the way in the back - probably the least traffic area in all of the show's floors. And this was the last photo I took on the way out. It was locked and it was a bit dark - there was a 3rd row but it was folded. I couldn't see if it was a split or a solid bench 3rd row.

I think Kia was doing a reverse psychology thing where if they hide it and don't play it up people will want to see it I don't know

This is currently the most popular size in australia, and I think along with lwb version it is the top selling people mover in Australia. Thankfully they no longer put that dreadful kv6 engine in it. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: