MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy?
MX-CrossSport a.k.a CX-7 (if available today)
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Other Mazdas - SUV/truck or wagon group
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Other Mazdas - sedans, compacts or sports
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Import minivan - e.g. Sienna, Oddysey, Quest
47%
 47%  [ 44 ]
Domestic minivan - e.g. Freestar, Caravan, etc.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
SUVs or trucks
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Other vehicles
17%
 17%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 93

jintegra
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Well, it's starting to look like the current MPV sized minivan may be making an exit soon, & its shoes will likely be filled by the Mazda5 & the upcoming CX-7. If the CrossSport is available today, would you buy one? Just curious.
Jae
02 Silver MPV LX + rear a/c + bumper step plate + convex mirror + Yak rack + bug deflector + rustproofing + 15 hp decals!
04 Green Accord EX-L 5MT
95 Red Integra LS 5MT ... SOLD! ... but not forgotten
jintegra
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

In my case, I would likely not pick the Mazda5 because I think it will be a tad small, for the times we need more space. I'm not big on SUV or cross-overs, & at this point in our lives, we would need the occasional 6-7 seater which the CX-7 does not provide. While I would prefer to stay with Mazda, it looks like I would have to settle for the bigger Confused import minivans. Luckily I'm not looking for replacement right now. Razz
Jae
02 Silver MPV LX + rear a/c + bumper step plate + convex mirror + Yak rack + bug deflector + rustproofing + 15 hp decals!
04 Green Accord EX-L 5MT
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

If I had to and there was no MPV, I'd get the new Sedona or used 2nd gen Ody. If I had the $$$, I'd go with new Ody as I like the looks better than the Sienna.
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Christopher15

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

If I had to replace the MPV probably a Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey. But most likely the Toyota Sienna as it is a minivan and we do kinda have a Toyota in our family which is a 88' Chevy Nova but made by Toyota and it has served us with no problem at all but then again it only has traveled 61,500 miles... Very Happy in 17 years.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I voted 'other', since if I *really* had my say, we'd get a Legacy GT sedan and DW would get the F-XT. However, if we roll back the clock to 2002 and the new Sienna was out back then, there's a good chance we would have opted for that rather than the MPV. The MPV is a heck of a bargain though.

Of course, my preference is something with AWD. blake

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Gebco
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I foresee needing another minivan after this one. Since we tend to keep our vehicles for 8 to 10 years, when we do want to replace the MPV, there will be a totally different selection of minivans. I'm quite sure however that we won't buy domestic.
15 Town and Country
08 Town and Country Limited 180 000 km - Sold
02 MPV ES Midnight Blue 125 000 km - Sold
05 Kia Amanti - aka Old Man Car 68 000 km
96 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed Dark Green 105000 km - Sold

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Bob and Doug McKenzie
VanToGo

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey here also. The Mazda 5 is way to small. It might be good for those small circus clowns, where 10 or more are stuffed in the vehicle they drive out on the center ring.
'00 'Highlight Silver' MPV ES Moonroof, Fog lights, 10" TV/DVD (really da-wife's)
'94 Thunderbird. 4.6 OHC still gives them a run for their money!
jintegra
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

The motivation behind this poll is to get an indication if Mazda is going in the right direction (by replacing the MPV with the CX-7 & Mz5 combo), at least among current MPV owners. If this is any indication, it looks like very little of the existing MPV (& like minded potential MPV) owners will be purchasing a Mazda if the MPV is gone. Shocked I guess the CX-7 & Mz5 will have to steal sales from other segments to survive.
Jae
04 Green Accord EX-L 5MT
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

If I were adding another 6-7 passenger van today and keeping my MPV today. I'd look at the 5 with a manual for price and being the only mini-van-like vehicle with stick. If I were trading the MPV in today for another vehicle, it'd be another mini-van and my vote would be the Ody. The looks and features have me sold compared to the Sienna which I appreciate for the quiet driving environment. Quality between the two is a toss-up.

I'd take a close look at the Sedona for pricing and maybe even consider a three row SUV, but I'm so over the SUV thing especially climbing into the third row and the swing doors. With kids in tow (three by July), I need the sliding doors for my family hauler. This is only if I had to trade my MPV in. Otherwise, I don't feel too bad that Mazda will not replace the MPV for awhile. At least I've got one that should last awhile. (crossing fingers).

Nice poll jintegra!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
jintegra
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Thanks, PB.

Off-Topic
papabear wrote:
With kids in tow (three by July), I need the sliding doors for my family hauler.
And btw, congrats to & yours on your growing family! We've also recently grown into a family of four - 2 boys, the older one 3+ & the baby 3months.
Jae
04 Green Accord EX-L 5MT
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

jintegra wrote:
The motivation behind this poll is to get an indication if Mazda is going in the right direction (by replacing the MPV with the CX-7 & Mz5 combo), at least among current MPV owners. If this is any indication, it looks like very little of the existing MPV (& like minded potential MPV) owners will be purchasing a Mazda if the MPV is gone. Shocked I guess the CX-7 & Mz5 will have to steal sales from other segments to survive.

So far, all indications on the CX-7 show it to only seat 4. At least the showcar has 4 bucket seats.

The real kicker here is that this would be DW's decision (or at least heavily influenced by DW). She hasn't seen the M5 yet to even offer an opinion. I had major convincing to do back in '02 to steer her clear of the Ody.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Tough decision.... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathaluc

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

Quote:
Tough decision.... Wink

Same here... other side of the fence though Cool

The Mazda5 might be a very good vehicle for us once we replace the Protege. This way, we keep a small vehicle for quick hops and have a full-size van to complement when cargo space is needed.

'96 Protege LX 1.8 auto
Future MPV owner ? Unfortunately not.
'05 Ody EX-L/RES Midnight Blue
cruisin_cdn
cruisin_cdn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I would go with the Cx-9 if priced below 35k (Can$),reasonably equipped. Otherwise I like the Honda Ody, although it's not a perfect fit I would prefer the Chrysler stow and go seats in it, as opposed to the lazy susan thing. I am not in need of 4wd but like the possiblility of hybrid.
2002 Lx titanium gray
metalfab
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to replace the MPV today, what would you buy? Reply with quote

I'd go with the Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey !<edit> I must have been tired that day, I'd get another MPV </edit>! . I'd have to look at the new models closely to make a desicion though. As stated above the Mazda5 is too small and the 'cross-over' type of vehical is not an answer either. They are just fat looking cars with no extra space worthy of their price Wink <grumpy note to the designers>
2015 Mazda 5 GS w/CP
Mazda OEM rack w/Thule Atlantis 1600
Mazda 1.25" Hitch w/ Thule Helium Aero

Past: 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2012 Mazda 5 GS, 2003 Mazda MPV DX

Last edited by metalfab on Sat May 06, 2006 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: