MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpvdiyer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok? Reply with quote

If you disconnect the BAC connector and there is no change in high idle/surging does that mean the BAC is ok?
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok? Reply with quote

You're referring to your original question here: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=76152#76152

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
ianmcdca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok? Reply with quote

Before I replaced the BAC on my `90 2.6, I played around with it, took it appart and tried to loosen the cylinder inside. I couldn`t loosen it enough to move freely, but, what I did notice was that if I moved the cylinder all the way to one end of the shaft, reconected and reinstalled it, that the engine would rev high...the same as if I had disconnected the wiring. Maybe yours is stuck in such a way that it mimicks the effect of not having it connected? Just a thought. If I pushed the plunger all the way to the other end, it didn`t rev above 1100 rpm and wanted to stall when cold. Does your RPM stay the same when you put AC on , fan on high and turn the steering wheel at the same time? It should. Ian
mpvdiyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok? Reply with quote

Now that's what I'm looking for! It could be it's just stuck from sitting for so long. I'll try a couple light taps with a hammer and then carb cleaner and then I'll contemplate r&r. Thanks!
ianmcdca

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok? Reply with quote

Now, I`m not sure about the BAC for the V6, but I do know that the one on the 4 cylinder came apart fairly easy. I had damaged the BAC by hitting it too hard with a hammer (duh I know, but I was impatiant!). It`s aluminium, and it bends easily, so be careful tapping it with a hard object! Anyway, once apart, you may find you can 'loosen' the plunger by using cleaner AND by gently moving the plunger manually. I actually used a vice...albeit very gently, to 'force the plunger. For me it was to late because the cylinder that the plunger fits in was warped. But, if it will move for you, you may find that you loosen any deposits that are binding it up.
My last thought is that perhaps heat over the years tends to warp the housing on the BAC and causes it to sieze. Ian
mpvdiyer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Disconnect BAC-No change in surging-BAC ok? Reply with quote

Ok! I incorrectly assumed that the TPS is dependent on the throttle valve, however, it is independent. I thought that during the adjustment procedure you rotated the TPS which then moved the throttle valve. This website showed me the correct way to adjust a TPS; http://www.lexls.com/tps.html. So I had been opening the throttle when I thought I was adjusting the TPS @ idle. After correctly adjusting the TPS, setting the idle and tweaking the timing, my Steel Mistress is awake and well. Although I think I might need a new TPS since it still lopes a bit, I can probably just tweak up the idle and that will do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: