MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

How often do you hear police helicopter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you hear police helicopter?
never
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
once a month or less
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
once a week or less
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
couple of times a week
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
almost every day
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

OK, sitting at the computer late night again, I just heard something like distant gun shot. Now the police helicopter is circling around again not that far away. I can hear them pretty often these days, circling in the air. I had to finaly post this poll as I was thinking about it a lot to do so. nerd
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

I only hear a police helicopter when I'm watching Cops! or Real TV on the television. Now, Blackhawks and (I think they're) Apaches... daily. There are a bevy of those stationed at the Air Nat'l Guard base by my house. Cool to watch/hear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

I hear many choppers in this area. I think most of them are EMT LifeFlight 'copters that nearly all the local hospitals have. We are only about 50 miles south of Cleveland, also.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

Yeah, those Flight-For-Life 'copters have a distinct engine note to 'em too, compared to 'regular' ol' 'copters. We'll hear a F4L one go by probably once a week or so.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

Living about mid-way between Univ. of NC and Duke U - each having a med school - we see the life flight 'copters quite often. The UNC copter lands on the roof of a buidling close to the football stadium, so womtimes you'll see one taking off/landing during a game.
Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

We have a small isolated city that is an hour away by road from a regional hospital and the Main Highway passes through our town, not only are there public health incidents etc but highway accidents and the Life-Flight helicopters pass within 400m of our house - its a 2min turn-around and they are off out at good speed heading back again - 16min either way.

We don't have police helicopters here (in Auckland City yes) but I heard the air ambulance at 2am on sat morning, stay awake thinking about it and a quick prayer for those in need.

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
ed8591
I eat vegetarians

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

I live pretty close to an air national gaurd facility so I hear them quite often. I got used to hearing them when I was in the Marines at Camp Lejeune, so I tend to tune them out now. ed
1989 Pacific Blue Mpv 98,000 miles
2005 Mazda3 Titanium Grey 14,000 miles and lovin' it

Cats are sociopaths!!
Gohkal
MPVClub Resident
Video Gamer
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

I live close to Hawthorne Municipal Airport and work right next to Santa Monica Airport. Needless to say there are always helicopters over head. As far as "Ghetto Birds" go, its a daily occurance in my area...and as I am typing this post one just went by.
http://www.callofduty.com/
http://www.treyarch.com/
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397804
http://mstyle.ninpou.jp/ (M-Style Japan member #1125)
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

Almost forgot to post here.. The other nihght they were bugging right above our house. The helicopter was making close circles around and pointing the reflector towards the near by park. They have to been on some search or chase. Few police cars made it back and fort on our street, but seems like nothing came out of it as the helicopter started to wonder further away with the high beam still on.

MIL has them up quite often too down in Orange County.

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CheapScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

no police helicopters cause the police don't have any
we live less than 0.5km from a hospital so we hear the medivac helicopters a couple of times a month
we have mosquitos that sound like helicopters

Test drove a 2001, looked at 2002, finally got a CDN 2003 LX, Mid Blue, Alloy Wheels, Four Seasons, Towing Pkg, Roof Rack ... now at 71,000km
1982 Honda Civic ... now at 165,000km
1984 Honda Prelude ... retired at 280,000km
dbusguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

We usually only hear the odd air ambulance here. It's rare so you go looking for it. There is 1 tv station in Toronto that has a chopper but only police choppers that I know of and I don't think I've seen 1 of those. BTW, Toronto does not have 1. Weird eh?
oldmedic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

During the "growing season" the county sheriff's copter is in the air several hours a day looking "mary jane". Living in a mountainous area with few flat spots to land every major employer and hosptial has a copter. oldmedic
Located in Blue Grass state; home of beautiful horses, fast women, and bourbon whiskey

2003 Costal Blue ES
2002 Malibu LS
2005 Scion Tc
2000 Cavalier LS
mk23666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

No police helicopters here (cities around here are way too small), but we do have medi-copters and news choppers, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines and even personal mini-copters in the area. The main ones you'll see are the military and then the news choppers ... in that order.

Hmmm ... the State Police have airplanes to monitor the interstate traffic tho.
Antzin Muhpantz
MPVClub Resident
Tame Race Driver
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

"Police" 'copters? not often since i moved my family out of The Bronx three years ago. while i lived there more often than i'd liked... and that's the reason we moved. nowadays we're more likely to hear traffic, medivac and military/gov'ment choppers flyin' in and out of Quantico.
I can see by what you carry
that you come from Barrytown!

2005 MPV LX Titanium Grey "Da KrazyBus" Alpine CDA 9851 reciever, Alpine MRP 240 four channel amp, Alpine S-Type 5x7 front, factory rear, 8" Dayton Quattro sub- and generous amounts of Steely Dan!
2002.5 Mazda Protege 5 Laser Blue, Moonroof, 4 Speed Sport AT, 6 Speaker Audio
tyler
Mega Party Vehicle!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: How often do you hear police helicopter? Reply with quote

once in a blue moon
>>tyler<<
1991 MPV 4wd 3.0L V6!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: