MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Two Mazda Bras?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Aftermarket Parts/Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Two Mazda Bras? Reply with quote

I just learned something. Exclamation

I was browsing the Trussville (Alabama) Mazda site and found out there are two different bras for the '03: one without the GFX and one with.

I'd really like a bra for long trips because of bugs, and stuff falling out of the back of dump trucks (how I got a recent scuff on the front fascia), and road gravel, etc.

It says the bra is not for use with a bug deflector. OK, Idea Why not use the main part of the bra and just don't install the part that goes over the front of the hood? I have a bra for the old 626 and it works the same way(two pieces). Seems to me you could still use the delector. And just for variety, sometimes just remove the deflector (very easy) and use both parts of the bra?

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Two Mazda Bras? Reply with quote

I suppose you could do that. I suspect Mazda doesn't suggest it since it probably requires more fiddling with things than they think a consumer would do. Perhaps someone with the Mazda bra could chime in?

FWIW, I remove the OEM bug deflector on our MPV at each washing. Easy to do.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Mazda Bras? Reply with quote

You could definitely take the hood part off and install the bug shield. Not sure how that would look, but it should help on those road trips. The top part of the bra is very easy to put on and off. The lower part is another story. I don't plan to take that off except when necessary.

I did notice it already has prevented a couple of dings from the front as I can see some evidence of rocks hitting the lower bra so I'm definitely taking it on the road with me.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Aftermarket Parts/Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: