MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV WHO WANTS ONE
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartley
Bella Vista Arkansas.. Be

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV WHO WANTS ONE Reply with quote

My friend Geoff at Knights Turbo can build us a SC set up for the MPV's

The Q45 has 330hp at the wheels with 4 pounds of boost.
Then he reflashed the chip and 365whp Jim Wolf ECU chip with Exhuast/fuel upgrade, "Injectors, MSD, FPR"

I need 5 people to get this thing going.

If you buy from me it will be $1,500 for everything. $500 deposit required
Here are some photos of the Q45 and Ranger

<<<THE PARTS WILL INCLUDE CNC CUT LOWER MANIFOLD ADAPTERS, THROTTLE BODY ADAPTERS, IDLER & TENSIONER PULLEYS, BELT, THROTTLE CABLE BRACKETS, AND HARDWARE. WITH AN FMU, M62 GM 3800 EATON, AND A BOOST GAUGE YOU COULD BE BOOSTING>>>

We also can Raceport the M62 Supercharger.

Ask about the Water/Alcohol injection for the extra boost.

<<Imagine the look on everyone's face when you have your kids in the MPV and you floor it and that nice WIPPLE sound punches you back in the seat.>> My kids always say "GO FASTER DADDY GO FASTER!!!" But the MPV just doesn't go.. Even with 93 octane.

I need to have a number of people interested.

Bartley's Import notes: MPV KLO3 165hp Japan model has Twin Turbos

Let me know.

Bartley
Always looking for ways to go faster.. safely.

97 Mazda MPV ES 4x4
5 Great Kids
Earning Respect is Awesome
Don't forget to show some.

Knights SC for MPV type.jpg

Knights SC for MPV type.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 3512 time(s)

Knights SC for Ranger Type.jpg

Knights SC for Ranger Type.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 3414 time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Matthew Ebel
Mobile Piano Rocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? & Reply with quote

Bartley wrote:
If you buy from me it will be $1,500 for everything. $500 deposit required

For "everything"... does that include installation? If not, how difficult a DIY job is this? I've seen SC units installed before, and it doesn't look TOO difficult, but on an MPV? What would I have to do to my hood to get this thing under there?

Also, those that have been around here awhile, I'd appreciate some commentary from experienced gearheads on this one before I say I'm interested or not. You know, comments from people who actually know what kind of added PSI a 2001 peevee can handle, pros, cons, etc.

Pax,
Matthew

http://matthewebel.com
Goodbye Planet Earth now available via iTunes, Amazon, and more. http://matthewebel.com/store

The Birdmobile - 2001 2.5L White
Wish List: Turbocharger, black windows, more horses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bartley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

I'm going to modify my hood and make Vents. I also want to hear what everyone else thinks.

Regardless mine will be done sometime this year or next.

After I supercharge my MX6..

This is a photo of a MX3 with a Vented hood. So many to choose from.
I might go reverse for Rain reasons.

97 Mazda MPV ES 4x4
5 Great Kids

MX3 Seans Silver Front.jpg

MX3 Seans Silver Front.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 3614 time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

Any idea on the availability for 2000-2001 MPV and 2002+? I guess these should be different designs? I don't know
Bartley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

Alex,
Geoff can build anything for anything.
I will let you know Friday. If you the only one who wants one the price is higher.

Get 5 guys together to go in on it and see the savings.

Bartley

97 Mazda MPV ES 4x4
5 Great Kids
hutchej
CDN Hutch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

I'd love to have one for my MPV but too pricy right now.
Jon Hutcheon =)
1997 Mazda MPV 4WD Owner
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

i love this idea of having any forced induction on my van......BUT i dont want to void my warranty frown i guess i have to wait 3 more years Sad
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

A good move for any Gen1A and Gen1B or is that Gen2? I still don't know if the Gen derivation is based on different engines or different bodies?

Anyway, cos the earlier MPV's are well out of warranty nopw and also carry the lowest HP and stand to gain the most from a boost!

I would love to but finance and distance are the main objections from here in NZ. Very interesting though, especially as a firm in Australia will package suspension lowering kits.

Thanks for sharing Bartley - lets hope the guys get togather on this one - oh BTW, where abouts are you?

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Bartley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

Hey guys and girls.
I'm in Dallas Texas. The kits will be made in Miami Florida.

N Z huh.. Cool.

Yeah Regardless if you go in with me I'm still having one made. I will post photos of my progress next year.

Bartley

97 Mazda MPV ES 4x4
5 Great Kids
Matthew Ebel
Mobile Piano Rocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

Well, I'm personally financing a new album, paying off some home improvement debt (not much, thank God), and getting ready for a spring tour. $1,500 would come in very handy at this point, but I'm definitely interested. Especially if there's a boost of 80-100HP for a 2001 peevee. Can you even imagine a 300HP minivan? Jeez...

Pax,
Matthew

Goodbye Planet Earth now available via iTunes, Amazon, and more. http://matthewebel.com/store

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? & Reply with quote

Does anyone know FI affects the fuel consumption? I know that 250 hp sounds cool but will it eat more than Ford Excursion? Rolling Eyes
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

Alex, as a general rule of thumb, boost costs fuel. At the basic level, if you're forcing more air into the engine, you have to feed in more fuel as well to keep the Air-Fuel ratio within an acceptable trim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

But it will give the perception of better bottom end as well, however, it will always use more gas for the same throttle opening as you have effectively increased the cu.in. and thus HP. The other adage also applies: "HP doesn't come free"

Keep us informed and have a go you guys!!

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? & Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
A good move for any Gen1A and Gen1B or is that Gen2? I still don't know if the Gen derivation is based on different engines or different bodies?
It's a combination of both, My friend. goggles

Anyways, I'm very interested in this project, but do not have the kind of money to spend at the moment. So, maybe next year you'll have this done Question I should have some extra funds by then, hopefully. Mr. Green I'm sure I and a few others will be keeping tabs on this post. Please keep us informed. Thanks. super

97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Matthew Ebel
Mobile Piano Rocker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPERCHARGER FOR YOU MPV>> WHO WANTS ONE?? &quo Reply with quote

Even if I had the money, I wouldn't attempt this kind of project without either a friend who'd do it for a free lunch or (more likely) extremely well-assembled documentation. I'm talking step-by-step with photos, diagrams, parts list, and tools required. Will anything like that be made available?

Or is there a mechanic in the Nashville area who wants a free lunch to install a supercharger? Wink

Pax,
Matthew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Power Mods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: