MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

That pic is so hi-res that I can see the drink spill on the lip of the storage door!

HUD would be perfect for this app. Wonder when the aftermarket companies will figure something affordable...

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Found this on Amazon after 03lx posted for only $79 plus s/h.

Tried to find out more info through google but no reviews yet.

pdf says the 9125 can read all OBDII and erase the error code too (if you look at the pdf the warning that it doesn't read Mazda is for a different item).

Anyone have any more info on this or think it would not work with the MPV?

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
mazda-fla
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

That one will work on the MPV.

They have that same unit on sale at Pepboys a couple times a year for $69. That unit only shows the codes, i.e. P0142, etc. You then have to look up the code in the manual to read the description.

For $99 on sale at Pepboys, you can get the step up from that model from Actron. In addition to the code, the next step up also displays the text description of the code.
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

ScanGaugeII just in! Looks very nice and the promised USB connection might be atractive as well, but the price is quite steaper than the 1st model.

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
ScanGaugeII just in! Looks very nice and the promised USB connection might be atractive as well, but the price is quite steaper than the 1st model.

Wow, $170USD.

I like the smaller size and looks of the new unit and also the USB interface (for downloading firmware updates), but can't justify spending that much right now.

I never did find out why my present Scanguage reads the MPH 4 to 6 MPH lower than speedo but other wise the unit works fine.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
owr084

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

TomNansMPV wrote:
LazyFox wrote:

Wow, $170USD.

I like the smaller size and looks of the new unit and also the USB interface (for downloading firmware updates), but can't justify spending that much right now.

I never did find out why my present Scanguage reads the MPH 4 to 6 MPH lower than speedo but other wise the unit works fine.

Tom

Did you just compare the two or did you compare them against a reference source such as a GPS unit? I ask because the speedo is normally off (too fast) while the spped reported by the computer is closer to reality.

RBB
2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T
2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI Diesel
2002 Mazda MPV ES
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you just compare the two or did you compare them against a reference source such as a GPS unit? I ask because the speedo is normally off (too fast) while the spped reported by the computer is closer to reality.

I don't have access to a GPS unit. Many construction sites have a "your speed is" radar-equipped sign which gives drivers a readout to slow them down. I've checked with many of these units and they are usually spot on with the MPV's speedo, while Scanguage reads low.

I judge my speed soley from my speedometer, not Scanguage.

I think S-Guage is probably reading what the MPV's OBDII system is telling it; it makes me wonder if something is amiss with the PV's system rather than S-Guage.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

My (oops DW's, but I use it most of the time anyway) Garmin C320 shows almost dead on same speed as the speedo on the dash. The GPS shows just about 1MPH or less lower speed.

I will try the ScanGauge in my M next time if it shows the same margin of difference as in the MPV.

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

I think one of these readers would be great to have, where would I look for one over here in Aussie land?, I think it would be great to have one, maybe I can talk my Brother in Law, (the Mustang enthusiast) to buy one...

The price seems really good though even with the conversion rate for downunder.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

cpapashley wrote:
I think one of these readers would be great to have, where would I look for one over here in Aussie land?, I think it would be great to have one, maybe I can talk my Brother in Law, (the Mustang enthusiast) to buy one...

The price seems really good though even with the conversion rate for downunder.

Make sure your MPV has the OBD-II port before getting one. My understanding is that OBD-II is a U.S. requirement. Not sure about the rest of the world.

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Will check this with the mechanic tomorrow...
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
mmeytin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Is there a way to organize another group buy on those things? $179 is a bit steep, but it does seem like a useful gadget to own. I'd be interested if there is a reasonable discount off MSRP.

Thanks,
-M-
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

So I guess no-one wants to upgrade to this and donate there "old" scan guage....lol

Seriously, I am thinking of buying one for Christmas. We don't seem to have anything like this over here for this price. But will keep looking.

edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

If you have a laptop I'd consider Car Code from OBD-2.COM. I've been using it for years on many different vehicles. Upgrades are free, support is great and the author works in that industry.
2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

edrubins wrote:
If you have a laptop I'd consider Car Code from OBD-2.COM. I've been using it for years on many different vehicles. Upgrades are free, support is great and the author works in that industry.

I have searched everywhere for this obd-ii connection in the MPV. Seems this version (right hand drive) has it hidden somewhere else than where specified for the left hand drive.

I am really keen to get something. I like the idea of a program in a laptop. Mind you it may be a bit awkward in the car although I gues it would fit nicely under the seats. The scanguage is a nice size and could have a permanent location for readouts.

I had a look at the web site you mentioned ed, and it seems like a better way to go if I want to do any analysis of what is going on inside the PV's engine.

So what spec of laptop is the minimum you would suggest, I must admit I am partial to the windows xp platform which does not seem to fail anywhere near as much as other windows versions.

Time to do some thinking and planning for this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Group Buys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: