MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
Got my updated SG today. MPGs are working now. Now I know that my short school drop off trip there and back is 12MPG average.

Ignorance is was bliss. Wink

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Newly programed SG should waiting for me when I get home from work. Just in time for a major roadtrip! Smile

I'll really get a chance to put it through its paces.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

OK, got the ScanGuage and it works fine! Very Happy

Kudos to Ron and Linear-Logic for going the extra mile for their customers. Cool

It came just in time for the trip!

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

My ScanGauge came in a couple days ago..works like a charm..seems like they got them bugs out Very Happy I really need someone else driving the MP so I can mess around with the new gizmo. Razz I also noticed My speedo was off by 1 or 2 mph while driving, heh.

I placed My order on the 3rd so I should qualify for the $20 rebate. I emailed the required info to the address provided earlier in this post. Anyone received their rebate check already ask

97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Just back from a 1,200 mile trip. Scangauge works fine! It STILL reads about 4 to 6 mph UNDER the MPV's speedo, though.

I went through several of those construction zone posted "your speed is....." guns. (laser??) Usually, the sign and my speedo were pretty close, but the SG was consistently 6 mph lower.

Not sure what to make of it. Would this throw off any cumulative mileage readouts on the SG?

Tom

2003 MPV ES

edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

TomNansMPV wrote:
Just back from a 1,200 mile trip. Scangauge works fine! It STILL reads about 4 to 6 mph UNDER the MPV's speedo, though.

I went through several of those construction zone posted "your speed is....." guns. (laser??) Usually, the sign and my speedo were pretty close, but the SG was consistently 6 mph lower.

Not sure what to make of it. Would this throw off any cumulative mileage readouts on the SG?

Tom

Since the miles travelled is computed based on speed and time, I would think it will. Have you tried matching it to your odometer?

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Quote:
Since the miles travelled is computed based on speed and time, I would think it will. Have you tried matching it to your odometer?

I haven't done that yet but I will.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Over a long period of a time, it might afect it, but the memory of SG is only for day before. On recent trip the SG showed 18MPG and I used the whole tank on that strech and my manual calculation came to around 18MPG also. I'd say the diff was not big.

On 8 hr drive at 74 the SG would show 70, so the diff is 4x8=32miles on that trip. So the difference would be +/- one gallon. SG also doesn't count gas used while iddle. So the SG would show better MPG than is the actual. Looking at the SG numbers it's "scary" as the MPG is pretty low most of the time for my city driving. Twisted Evil

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Ok, All!

Here's where I finally decided to locate ScanGauge. (see blurry pic, snapped in a hurry!)

I was going to put it right behind the wheel on the dash, but that was just too "in my face"; a real distraction, especially at night.

It is readable, and just a quick glance to the left gives me the info. It fits between the pillar and behind the defroster outlet louver, with out blocking the airflow. The connecting wire goes down between the door seal and the body and fits very nicely. I wrapped the excess around the OBDII mounting bracket and plugged it in.

One thing about a dash mount; you need to use a sun shield if parked for an extended period according to the manual because of high temps.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

ScanGaugeLocation.jpg

ScanGaugeLocation.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 661 time(s)

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Funny thing is, that this is the exact spot I would put it in, if I were to watch it frequently. I played with positioning it quite a lot and came to the conclusion, that that is the sweet spot. Also in this spot, you can see it as a passenger too.

Sunshields anybody?

I decided to put it in the CD drawer (I never had any CDs in there anyway), as it can be packed away and nobody have to know about it. Good to find out if your friend who borrowed the van was driving it hard. Twisted Evil . Well I will not use it as often and I'll play with it mostly when my DW will be driving, so the place in the CD drawer works perfect for me. However, it is a bit hard to see the stuff as you need to look quite down on it. I found out that if you lift the drawer up slightly, it is readable much better. So I plan to put some supporter under the drawer.

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

The storage looks like a nice hiding spot for it. Probably where I would put it if I had one.

What really would be cool is if you could get that output into a HUD for the driver...

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

subearu wrote:
What really would be cool is if you could get that output into a HUD for the driver... -Brian
I was already thinking how to attach a projector from those projection clock to it. Laughing

No seriously, here is new technology, thought it might be pricey to make an add on when it becomes available. Of course than there is the already existing aftermarket HUD, but it is still pricey I think. http://www.defi-shop.com/product/basis/basis_top.html

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Got my $20 back check in the mail today. goggles

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Got mine, too! Smile

Tom

2003 MPV ES

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Here is a bit higher res picture taken with my new A75.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Group Buys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: