MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
Mine reads about 4MPH lower. Actually Ron said on the F150 forum, that the diff between ScanGauge and your car speedo is percentage, so the amount of diff MPH changes with speed.

Does it mean that the ScanGauge out of the OBDII is more accurate than the hand on my speedo? Would be logical as the digital should be more accurate than translation into analogue hand on the clock.

I would tend to agree on all those points, but jeeez! My whole mindset built up from 40 years of driving on how I perceive how fast I'm going has just gone into the dumper!!! Wink No wonder I never got a ticket when I noticed the cop with his laser gun pointed at me too late to slow down going six or seven MPH over the posted speed! Shocked Wink

Also, I oversimplified a bit; the "error" does seem to increase the faster you go. the six mph difference was at 70 mph, where the SG read 64 plus or minus.

So Ron sems to be saying that this is not a defect in the SG? Good! Now if we can get the fuel readout thing taken care of we have a damned useful product!

I guess I'm more relieved to know there is no problem with my PV or the OBDII readouts.

OK, 'nuff said! Exclamation I feel much better, now. sleep

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles

Last edited by TomNansMPV on Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
spd33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

I am meeting up with Ron around 6:00 pm to try out a couple different units to see if he's fixed the issues.
- Andy

'03 Mazda MPV ES GFX - Midnight Blue Mica

'01.5 VW Passat Wagon - Fresco Green
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

spd33 wrote:
I am meeting up with Ron around 6:00 pm to try out a couple different units to see if he's fixed the issues.

Cool! Cool

...and thanks for taking the time and trouble to help us out! super

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

From the previous data on my OBD-2 log of our MPV, there are two VSS data points. Not sure where each one is, my guess is one is feeding the TCM, perhaps the other is feeding the ABS. I don't know Most of the time both readings were identical, but sometimes one reading would be ±1mph of the other.

Regardless, both showed about 1 or 2 mph less than the actual speedo, but this was at about 50 mph. The analog is probably just like a gas gauge - only needs to be accurate at full Wink

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

[quote="subearu"...The analog is probably just like a gas gauge - only needs to be accurate at full Wink

-Brian[/quote]
I think I'd rather have mine accurate at the other end of the scale. Rolling Eyes

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
spd33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Well, Ron was here and it took a grand total of 2 mintues. The changes that he made worked and there is now a mpg and gph readout!

He said that he'd be burning some new ones and shipping them out on Monday!

- Andy

'03 Mazda MPV ES GFX - Midnight Blue Mica

'01.5 VW Passat Wagon - Fresco Green
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Thanks guys. thumbsup
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Sweet, he's good business.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

spd33 wrote:
Well, Ron was here and it took a grand total of 2 mintues. The changes that he made worked and there is now a mpg and gph readout!

He said that he'd be burning some new ones and shipping them out on Monday!

I'm not sure I understand. Those of us who presently own SG's are getting new ones, or do we need to send them back to Ron for the fix?

Tom

2003 MPV ES

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

He said he will send new one together with return shipping slip for returning the old one. Pretty much no hassle transaction. Wink

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
He said he will send new one together with return shipping slip for returning the old one. Pretty much no hassle transaction. Wink

Excellent!! super

Tom

2003 MPV ES

4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Looks like I'll have to make a purchase by next Saturday. Much thanks, LazyF. Wink

I assumed their would be a bug or two since it's new to the market, but it seems like it's been corrected. There must be other 1996-98 MPV'ers interested in this device besides Myself. lookaround Anyways, I can't wait to try it out in My Mazdas. Thanks again. Very Happy

97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Just received tracking number for the unit with the revised firmware; scheduled delivery date is this Friday, Sept. 3.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Mee too. should get it on Thursday (always a day ahead of you Wink ).

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Got my updated SG today. MPGs are working now. Now I know that my short school drop off trip there and back is 12MPG average.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Group Buys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: