MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Got mine today, now I have to start playing with it. Wink

It will lit up as soon as you plug it in, but it will not connect untill you turn your keys in ignition (as per ScanGauge's manual).

It is packed preety neat in nice box.

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Hey, pretty nice package! Cool

Mine is due tomorrow. Still have not quite decided where I will mount it, but it will be easier once I actually have the thing in front of me.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
Hey PB, I should have it by the time the GM event on 28th is on. I'll try to bring it with me and If you have your PeeVee there, we can see if it works with the 04 model. Wink

Well, I won't have the MPV on Saturday. DW is taking the kids to a party in Concord. I may have to go if she give me "the look". She may remind me that I'm scheduled to go on Sunday afternoon with the in-laws anyway so it's starting to look grim again...

You sure you can't make it Sunday afternoon? I could definitely get the MPV then.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Sunday is no go for me, well it is a destiny to not meet again. Perhaps if you go to the SJ church some weekend, you can stop by, let me know.

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

So I made a short trip, it worlks, but I can't get the MPG read out to work. I sent email to Ron with question. Can anybody with the OBDII PC interface confirm, that MPV enables to read MPG out of the OBDII port? I'll keep yiou posted.

subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

At least with the OBD-2 software, it figures instant MPG based on fuel usage and mph using the vss. So, basically, it's a calculation that the OBD-2 software does, and it does work on the MPV.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
but I can't get the MPG read out to work.

LF:

Not sure if this matters, but did you enter the engine displacement (3.0L) into the ScanGuage? You press one of the buttons until "Engine" comes up.

Mine is due for delivery tomorrow and I'll put it through its paces and let you know how it goes. One of the main reasons I bought the thing is for MPG indication. Would be a total bummer if that function doesn't work. Shocked

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

It was set to 3L engine already or found it out automatically.

I'm going to try it in my M (DW took it to work and to soccer later) later tonight.

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
Sunday is no go for me, well it is a destiny to not meet again. Perhaps if you go to the SJ church some weekend, you can stop by, let me know.

I haven't talked to DW yet about Saturday, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Wouldn't mind helping you capture some video again!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Well, the MPG reading works on the M, so I'm waiting for you Tom to try it out on your MPV and see if it works. I'm exchanging email with Ron about this also.

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

It should be waiting for me when I get home from work. I'll hook it up first thing and let you all know what happens.

LF: please keep us posted on any responses from Ron also.

Thanks!

Tom

2003 MPV ES

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Well, bad news: MPG doesn't work in my '03 either. Neither does GPH.

This renders it useless IMHO. If this can't be rectified in some way, mine is going back.
Crying or Very sad

Tom

2003 MPV ES

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

subearu wrote:
At least with the OBD-2 software, it figures instant MPG based on fuel usage and mph using the vss. So, basically, it's a calculation that the OBD-2 software does, and it does work on the MPV.

-Brian

So is this a calculation that the ScanGuage is not doing? But it works on LF's 300M.

Strange I don't know

LazyFox: Any more info from your correspondence with Ron?

Tom

2003 MPV ES

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

From the LinearLogic site:

QUESTION: Can I use the ScanGauge to save fuel?
ANSWER: If your car reports information on fuel consumption (99% of cars and light trucks do), and you use it to adjust your driving habits, you can save a lot of fuel.

I don't want to believe that the MPV is in the 1%!

Tom

2003 MPV ES

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Bummer, I guess it would be some JDM speciality perhaps as the engine is assembled in Japan. Well it works on Odys, but they are assembled in NA. I will send email to Ron and see if he can do something about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Group Buys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: