MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

WTG LF! Cool

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

I've been away from this thread for a while. Have we determined that Scan Guage will work on the '03 MPV even though it is not listed as being compatible?

I hope so, 'cause I want one! Cool

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

1993 626 DX - 171,000 miles
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

TomNansMPV wrote:
I've been away from this thread for a while. Have we determined that Scan Guage will work on the '03 MPV even though it is not listed as being compatible?

I hope so, 'cause I want one! Cool

Tom

If I understand the information on the Linear Logic web site, they do not support the CAN OBD-2 interface. Anything else - ISO, VPW or PWM - should be fine. The following is from the Vehicle Network, Connector Locator and Scan Tool Selector on the obd-2.com web site:

2003 Mazda network is ISO
2003 Mazda 6 network is CAN
2003 Mazda B2300,B3000,B4000 network is PWM

If there's anyone in the South Jersey area with a 2003, I could plug my laptop into your OBD-2 port. If it works with my laptop, it should work with the Scan-Gauge.

(Legal disclaimer: This doesn't guarantee the unit will work with your MPV. Ask Linear Logic if you want a 100% guarantee.)

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Thanks, edr! Smile

I'm satisfied so I ordered one. I also read on the F-150 forums that Linear-Logic seems to be very responsive to it's customers and plans firmware upgrades and future versions of the product so it will work with nearly every vehicle. Maybe they'll even sex up the appearance a bit, too! Some of the folks in the Ody forum were complaining about the look of the box and the orange backlighting. Boy, some people are just hard to please! Wink

Now, all I have to do is figure out where I'm going to mount it! I don't know

Tom

2003 MPV ES

Sage Green, GFX W/rear spoiler, 4-Seasons, 6CD, FogLights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Donnelly autodim/comp/temp mirror, Euro antenna, SilverStar heads/fogs, Weathertech cargo liner, Mazda bug shield, K&N air filter, Mazda front mask, ScanGauge

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

NOTE TO LAZYFOX:

Thanks for finding this gem! Very Happy Cool

If you get yours before I do, please take pics and give us a full report; I'll do the same. Exclamation

Tom

2003 MPV ES

edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

TomNansMPV wrote:
...Now, all I have to do is figure out where I'm going to mount it! I don't know
Tom

Tough call. It has to where you can read it without being distracted from the road - and where DW can't! Otherwise you're liabe to have the "continous audio" feature enabled. Very Happy

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Nice find Fox! Thanks for securing the rebate for the club. Now if only I wasn't looking for the portable dvd's for our next road trip, I'd put this on the shopping list instead.

I know the DW won't care to have a box on the dash compared to having a couple of tft screens for the kids... Rolling Eyes

Hope to see your scan guage in action one day.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Hey PB, I should have it by the time the GM event on 28th is on. I'll try to bring it with me and If you have your PeeVee there, we can see if it works with the 04 model. Wink
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Hey, all:

I think I found the OBDII port on our '03: It is to the LEFT of the steering wheel under the dash just to the right and behind (toward the front of the van) the hood release handle. It is securely mounted facing down in a metal bracket. Looks like you could route the cable between the plastic dash and the steering wheel and run it most any place. I forget how long the cable is, I'll check the website.

Can't wait to get mine! Another toy! Laughing

2003 MPV ES

TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

edrubins wrote:
It has to where you can read it without being distracted from the road

I sat in the PV tonight thinking about where I might put it. It could go on the dash behind the wheel like the photo on the Linear-Logic website. Because of my seating position and the long distance to the windshield, it wouldn't even come close to obstructing my vision. I might look at other options, however.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

TomNansMPV wrote:
I think I found the OBDII port on our '03: It is to the LEFT of the steering wheel under the dash just to the right and behind (toward the front of the van) the hood release handle. It is securely mounted facing down in a metal bracket.

Yep, the port on the '02 is in the same location. Should be the same in the '04's as well.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

The vehicle DLC-2 16-pin connector is located on the left side of the center console.

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]

obdii_port_location.gif

obdii_port_location.gif - File downloaded or viewed 627 time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomNansMPV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Love that LF!! Laughing

He's ALWAYS got a drawing or a sketch to help us all out. super

Tom

BTW, just got tracking number for the ScanGuage this morning.

Tom

2003 MPV ES

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

TomNansMPV wrote:
BTW, just got tracking number for the ScanGuage this morning.
Me too Wink Scheduled delivery is on 25th, might get it sooner maybe.

Alex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

I was about to order the unit but then found out that it is not compatible with my Mazda3. I hope they'll patch it up so that they can support that interface too and I can use it on both cars. I like the laptop version better (more functional, etc) but it requires a laptop which I don't have. I'd rather have something self-contained and this ScanGauge seems OK, but I'm not too hot about its looks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Group Buys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: