MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reynman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

The AuxMod is in...I repeat the AuxMod is in. It took about 30 minutes total. Most of the time (for me) was deciding how to route the cable. Getting the dash trim off was a breeze, though I almost forgot about the 2 screws! Laughing

I had a Rat Shack 1m mini-to-mini cable lying around the house. After plugging one end to the AuxMod, I bundled the excess and used a tie wrap to secure it to the chassis of the head unit. I had given myself ~12-15 inches of slack and eye-balled how much I would need to have my player positioned in the front portion of the pullout cupholders. I wasn't going to drill or Dremel any trim pieces tonight so I decided to route the wire to the lower right area of the head unit. Sorry I have no pics, the DW kinda misplaced our digital camera - permanently. Crying or Very sad Anyway, the cable exits the trim piece below and to the right of the vent controls for the rear and I have enough cable for the player to rest in the front portion of the cupholder without putting strain on the cable (10 inches).

OK, how does it sound? Pretty darn good! A little background on my portable - I am using a Sony Walkman HD1. Its a hard-drive (20G) based music player. It contains ~1000 songs transferred from CD and I still have 9G left! I listened to some Alicia Keys and then some JS Bach Oboe concertos, and then some Jeff Buckley. Great sounds emanating from the PV's sound system, though aftermarket speakers would take it to another level. That is for another day!

What about controls? Only volume, but I still retain steering controls for MUTE and MODE. I do not have control of the player's functions. I would manually have to access next/previous track/album/artist, etc. I have a hard enough time doing that while I walk. Laughing IMHO I keep the player on shuffle (random) and don't worry about fidgeting with the small controls of the HD1. For those of you who will need to fidget with the controls (look out PSA), please be careful while you're driving.

All in all, money well spent - higly recommended.

Regards - reynman
jdp72

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

Ok finally got a chance to install my AUXMOD. It was as easy as the FM Modulator install, actually probably slightly easier as I no longer had to find a power source.

Anyways, did the install and everything worked nicely. I still get some slight humming and motor pitch/whine issues...but definitely less than with the modulator. Actually the clarity and range are much better with this type of connection.

I am anything of setting aside a weekend and playing around with some of the connections to reduce the motor whining issues... I got real sloppy with the wiring and ended up using a 6ft 1/8" gold connector from Rat Shack...definitely too long, so I wonder if it was picking up some noise somehow...

DW's ride:
Loaded '04 Tsunami-Blue ES
All the options except moonroof and kitchen sink

My rides:
'98 Pearl Blue FLSTC & '00 Black FXSTB Harley's
'07 Charcoal Beige Mercury Mariner Hybrid
All the options including moon roof
moridin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

As a test I attempted to install the AuxMod today on my 2000 MPV. It is confirmed to not work. Sad I probably wouldnt have attempted it if their compatibility chart shows what it does now, but I figured I would warn the people here in these fine forums.

I still hold out some hope for the CD-changer port on the back. Otherwise I will look into a new stereo.

2000 MPV DX 110k
1999 Protege ES 110k
cbrotherton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

So with a 2003 MPV I should be able to buy these parts and connect through RCA my SONY DVD PLayer that has AUX out and not have to use the "wonderful" hissing FM modulator anymore...Huh? any instuctions for removing the factory radio??
moridin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have finally got around to putting up the AuxMod that I cannot use on ebay.
Its available here:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5824937003
Hopefully someone here can make use of it, seeing as how I cannot. Sad

2000 MPV DX 110k
1999 Protege ES 110k
MPVMomma

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
Anybody wanna be a guinea pig?

http://www.sylfex.com/products/auxmod/

Looks promising for $50 , question of course is, if it shall work with the PeeVee.

BTW, Stephen Foskett's Miata Page mentions, that the PIE should work on 01-03 double DIN models as well.

I did this, and am so glad I had this forum to find the AuxMod product. Super easy and worked perfectly with my '04 MPV. No need to change out my head unit and mess with the steering wheel controls now!
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

now just add the bluetooth to that Auxmod and you won't ever need to plug in your IPOD touch
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
mpoulter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

Great forum folks - lots of good info.

I have an 04 MPV and I am trying to install a roof mounted DVD player. No remote control desired, just access to the cars audio system.

I may purchase the AuxMod, since that would solve my problem.

However, after reading question 5 on the Sylfex.com FAQ page I discovered that the "other input connector" works fine for basic input. I don't need any remote control functionality, just access to the car's audio system.

http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/FAQ.shtml#4

So, does anybody know where I can get one of these 16 Pin J0 connectors? The links I saw posted on older posts in this forum seem to have faded.

Or, have I misunderstood things (somewhat likely) and that connector won't work and I should just fork out $60 and buy the AuxMod?

Thanks!
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

Bite the bullet, you will be glad you did
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
mpoulter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

novalight wrote:
Bite the bullet, you will be glad you did

OK, the bullet was bitten, part ordered and installed. It works great, but I am getting some serious line noise from the motor.

Is there a specific noise filter or other other solution you recommend?

Thanks!
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

your system needs a better grounding or you aux mod is running over some power lines

you buy DIY yourself a grounding kit

buy a grounding kit

or l purchased a voltage stablizer/hyper grounding kit

reference
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_1010_voltage_stabilizers_can_increase_power_and_torque_fact_fiction/viewall.html

novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX-in for 2003/2004 MPV Reply with quote

your system needs a better grounding or you aux mod is running over some power lines

you buy DIY yourself a grounding kit

buy a grounding kit

or l purchased a voltage stablizer/hyper grounding kit

reference
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_1010_voltage_stabilizers_can_increase_power_and_torque_fact_fiction/viewall.html

voltage.jpg

voltage.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 484 time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: