MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

S plan pricing
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Good Day to All

I have just joined this forum after finding it during a Google search.
My daughter is ready to buy her first mini van and has picked the MPV as her choice. I am helping her. We have a price USA of $19,500 for an LX with roof rack and luxury plus (1LX). This price includes the $3000.00 rebate. ($2500 + $500 recent grad). Can she do better? Is the $3000 rebate ending today June 1st 2004? Is there going to be a 2005 MPV in USA? She and her husband are having their second child and they have a limited budget. They live in New England, are there any other packages they should have?

Bob for Chris
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

There is a thread here about the current rebate: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=60662#60662

Will it end today? Sure, but they'll likely extend it another month or so as they have typically been doing.

Back to your quoted price. $19.5k is darn good for that LX. Invoice is $23.3k for that, so they're giving you a bit more than the $3k rebate. Take the deal ASAP!

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

If they haven't included the destination charges than you should add that. But if they have then that is like getting it $500 below invoice plus your $3000 rebate. Very good price either way.

If they lease, they may be entitled to another $1000 rebate depending on your region.

Good luck, they've chosen a good van to haul the family in!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
sadie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help

Completed deal on MPV Titanium LX $22K out the door Taxes (6%) and fees included
Package 1LX,1SG,AB7,RCK

Sadie
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

That's great! Congrats Sadie. Like the color btw and you're lucky to only have 6% tax. We have 8.25% in California (some counties are at 8.5%).

Do all the states without sales tax also include no sales tax on autos? That's really good!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

No sales tax here, baby! Or in Oregon. thumbsup
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beachnut
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

6% here too in FL , but no state income tax Cool
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Oh, well. 15% here in Ontario Sad

One thing I don't understand - when I bought the MPV, the papers had "Tax for fuel consumption" which stated $0. Now I ordered Mazda3 and it says "Tax for fuel consumption" - $75. And the sales person mentioned something like "compact car fuel tax". Now, where is the sense in that? Instead of imposing additional taxes on fuel guzzlers and encourage people buy small fuel efficient cars and protect environment, the situation is completely opposite. Anyone has any ideas about that?
RedWingsGuy
MPVClub Addict
Ex-Hockey Taxi Driver
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

You want confusing sales taxes???

In Tennessee, I believe it is 9.25% - 9.75% on all goods (including food and medicine excluding homes - that is a different tax in all states) but no tax on services depending upon county. However on large purchases (single item or a collection of related items - say dining room table and chairs set) over $3000 (IIRC) the tax on the amount over $3000 is only 7%. Fortunately for vehicle purchases done at dealers, this tax is on the net purchase price (sale amount minus trade-in).

No income tax here still. And still low property taxes. However, the county just raised the wheel tax on vehicle registrations here $30/yr Evil or Very Mad . County wants to build a $45 million replacement library downtown (where nobody wants to go to the library) when the high schools in my end of the county are at their state mandated limit for student to teacher ratio stupid and projected to grow rapidly for the next 10 years.

2003 LX Coastal Blue - Rear Air - 195,000 Miles. Sold 9/27/2013.

1990 Lumina Rust Bucket - 125K miles and rusted out Scrapped 8/05

2008 Scion xB Silver - Just automatic transmission - 60K Miles goaliegirl's ride

2011 Scion xB Crimson - Automatic transmission and Alpine Audio - 25K Miles My ride

2007 Passat Wagon from the in-laws - DW's ride.

Been there, done that.
Went somewhere else, did it again.
RedWingsGuy
MPVClub Addict
Ex-Hockey Taxi Driver
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Alex wrote
Quote:
And the sales person mentioned something like "compact car fuel tax". Now, where is the sense in that? Instead of imposing additional taxes on fuel guzzlers and encourage people buy small fuel efficient cars and protect environment, the situation is completely opposite. Anyone has any ideas about that?

I guess they think you are not buying enough gasoline to pay for the (insert overpriced road project here) government's need to spend money Twisted Evil .

I've seen some articles lately possibly changing taxes on vehicles to go by mileage rather than gas consumed. IMHO gasoline usage is a good measure of how much impact you can apply to the pavement, so gas taxes are reasonably equitable. Granted they don't cover the fixed cost of maintaining roads, but that is what registration fees are about.

2008 Scion xB Silver - Just automatic transmission - 60K Miles goaliegirl's ride

2011 Scion xB Crimson - Automatic transmission and Alpine Audio - 25K Miles My ride

Been there, done that.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Redwing's on a good tack for the 'economy car tax.' When you buy fuel, you're paying tax, more or less depending on the city/state/province that your are pumping in. I think it's probably about 40cents on average per gallon. So, if you're pumping less, Uncle Sam (or the PM) is missing out on his take of the big prize right? Oh, great idea! We'll tax them for being eco-friendly! furious
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedWingsGuy
MPVClub Addict
Ex-Hockey Taxi Driver
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

JD,

I just noticed your 5000 posts or bust. I think the bust you have displayed there is just fine Laughing . Good to see you going back to our favorite DI.

Alex should also should come up with a new class of member at 5K and give them a 7th star. Let's see... MPV Club Fixture? MPV Club Posting Maniac?

You truly are in a posting class by yourself!

Been there, done that.
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

RedWingsGuy wrote:
JD,

Alex should also should come up with a new class of member at 5K and give them a 7th star. Let's see... MPV Club Fixture? MPV Club Posting Maniac?

You truly are in a posting class by yourself!

I agree, I think we need something for 3k as well. I feel MPV addict is not enough to describe the posting piggies here. Twisted Evil

I'm not there yet, but soon enough!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Er...we're wayyy off topic. moderator

But thx.. Sarge scares small children and some of our post piggies too.
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: S plan pricing Reply with quote

Ok, I added two more ranks - MPV Club Fixture @ 3000 and MPV Club Posting Maniac @ 5000. Too bad Java is an admin, so you won't see that rank soon Smile

But LazyFox already has the fixture status...

If you don't like the titles, I can change them to something else. I didn't add extra stars as it's hard to count them already, but I created little animations out of them Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: