MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

bought a blue lx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmak26b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cant believe I got my family to buy another Mazda. I have nothing against Mazda, but they are just not a car I want to buy new. I also feel the car is turning too much into a Ford. Anyway we purchased a new MPV in Tsunami Blue. The main reason we bought the MPV over the Toyota and Honda was the price and size. The Honda and Toyota are tanks compare to the MPV. The car was also a lot cheaper with all the rebates and markdown for the car. We ended up getting a MPV LX with the LX Plus and 4 season package for $20025 with 4.99% financing (60 months). Car has 21 miles, let's hope its going to give us 200,000 miles of trouble free motoring.
JMTRANSAMSD455
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

Dear tmak26b, CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase and welcome aboard, You did get a good price on your MPV plus you got a nice new color. Remember even though Ford has joined with Mazda, MPVs are still built in Japan with quality parts and workmanship. Just look at he way everything fits on your van. Most of the parts are still made in Japan except the Ford 3.0 DOHC Duratec V6 . The engine block is shipped to Japan and Mazda puts their intake, modifications, computer and tweaks the engine to their specs. I have owned many expensive American cars especially Cadillacs but none are finished like the MPVs, wife has two and she Very Happy loves Very Happy them especially her 2003 ES in Sunlight Silver Metallic. They are the workhorses for the kids and all their equipment for all their various sports. Wife recently brought my older son and all his junk back from the University in her 03ES including his big refrigerator. Just REMEMBER to get the breakin oil and metal shavings out at 1000 miles. There is a DIY section on it if you are interested. Please enjoy your new addition and Happy Motoring, Jack.
2003 ES Sunlight SilverMobil 1,K&N 102,800m Hers,2015 CX-5 Grand Tour AWD2.5 Meteor Grey Mica MOLY oil29,000m2016.5Mazda CX5 TouringAWD DeepChrystalBlue MazdaMOLY GF5 Oil 29,8005m,Son,2008 MAZDA 3S TOURING 2.3L HATCH Aurora BlueK&N Mobil1 78,800m,2015 MAZDA3HATCH 2.5GT Liquid Silver 9000mMOLYOil ,2016 Subaru Forester Limited2.5AWD Quartz Blue Pearl MolyGF5Oil5,115mHers,1974 Trans Am LS-2 Bucanneer Red113Km SOLDr
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

tmak26b

Congrats on the new van. Please post a pic as I have yet to see a tsunami blue other than in the brochures. It was one of the colors we were thinking of getting before getting the Titanium Grey.

About your concerns for reliability, considering the price point and the competition, Mazda has been proving it's reliability year after year. There are some tsb's to be wary of though. For the '04 you should be aware of the still present tranny slipping that may need TCM re-flashing. Either you can wait to see if it happens to you or see if your VIN falls within the range stated in the TSB. The other major thing on the '04 is the side airbags recall if you are so equipped. This is a safety issue and should be performed as soon as you can. I have an appointment to have this done shortly and will update the club about it.

The PCV valve hose problem found mostly in the vans with ~20k on the odo may still come up for us '04 owners, but when I had it performed on my '02 it was but a minor annoyance although a bit scary when the engine started running rough.

The main assurance you can have is that this club is a great resource of information and that its members are more than willing to help diagnose any problem and offer suggestions from either experience or from reliable sources.

We hope all MPV owners will have trouble free ownership because we're all owners here!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
tmak26b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

I will post some pics when we pick it up on Wednesday. The car is very nice looking and hopefully it will provide a great ride for us. Another reason we got the MPV was the fact that the car was built in Japan. I hate any cars that are built by American, hopefully this one will be as nice as my Miata. I wish they have a Miller Cycle 2.3L instead of the Duracrap Ford in it....
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

tmak26b wrote:
Another reason we got the MPV was the fact that the car was built in Japan.

Another reason I've stayed with the MPV. I have come to appreciate the Duratec engine and come to question the Jatco tranny programming!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
tmak26b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

It's too bad all the Mazdas were touched by Ford. I would be the first one to jump on the van if it has the Miller Cycle engine. I just love to say no to Duracrap (sorry I still hate Ford)

The only Mazda left without much of Ford parts are the Miata and the RX-8.
VOORHEES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

tmak26b wrote:
It's too bad all the Mazdas were touched by Ford. I would be the first one to jump on the van if it has the Miller Cycle engine. I just love to say no to Duracrap (sorry I still hate Ford)

The only Mazda left without much of Ford parts are the Miata and the RX-8.

Boy, you are a hard one. I've said it before, I bought the MPV for its "Ford" engine. Razz
-Jason

1999 35th Anniversary "Limited Edition" Mustang GT(mine) Yes, a FORD! A fast one at that.
#4543 of 4628
Performance Red
5-speed
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/35th-anniversary/

1966 Mustang Fastback 289 V-8
Raven Black/black int.
No a/c (what were my parents thinking?!)

2003 Emerald Mica MPV LX w/rear air(hers) 20% tint all around

1989 Ford Ranger XLT (my beater, God I love this little truck!)
tmak26b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

No Ford engine for me, thank you very much. You know its time to move on when Ford sticks their engine in your car......
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

So, you just bought an MPV with a Mazda-ized Ford engine in it....and now you're doing what with the MPV?

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
tmak26b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

My family bought the vehicle, not me. But we did decide on the MPV because of price and size, not because of the crap Ford engine.
VOORHEES

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: bought a blue lx Reply with quote

tmak26b wrote:
My family bought the vehicle, not me. But we did decide on the MPV because of price and size, not because of the crap Ford engine.

Whatever. Rolling Eyes

1999 35th Anniversary "Limited Edition" Mustang GT(mine) Yes, a FORD! A fast one at that.
#4543 of 4628
Performance Red
5-speed
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/35th-anniversary/

1966 Mustang Fastback 289 V-8
Raven Black/black int.
No a/c (what were my parents thinking?!)

2003 Emerald Mica MPV LX w/rear air(hers) 20% tint all around

1989 Ford Ranger XLT (my beater, God I love this little truck!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: