MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Next Generation MPV Speculation Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

You're right, I think I meant to type that they start switching over at that time (July/August). Refined packages/options groups, little tweaks, etc., that *should* be all that changes for the MY '05 MPV's. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Word down the pipe is that the changes for the 2005 are going to be very minor. More along the lines of packaging/trim/content (b/w trim levels), similar to what made a 2002 different from a 2003.

2006/7 though... interesting things in store there. hush
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

javadoc wrote:
Word down the pipe is that the changes for the 2005 are going to be very minor. More along the lines of packaging/trim/content (b/w trim levels), similar to what made a 2002 different from a 2003.

2006/7 though... interesting things in store there. hush

I was thinking about giving the Freestyle a look after a year, but now I'm thinking of waiting for the 2006 MPV. I seem to have a habit of buying first model-year Mazdas (1993 MX-6, 2000 MPV).

So, what do you know, Scott? Wink poke

-Dean

'00 MPV LX, Touring/4 Seasons/6CD, Emerald Green/Tan
'06 Ford Freestyle FWD Limited Merlot/Charcoal
Mobil1Pennzoil, Meguiars wax Klasse AIO Meguiars NXT Back to AIO.
YMMV.
Looking for a classic Corvette?
Corvette News
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

I don't know anything. blake

Know only this... Mazda has been planning on creating more vehicles that appeal to N.American buyers on a larger scale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

javadoc wrote:

Know only this... Mazda has been planning on creating more vehicles that appeal to N.American buyers on a larger scale.

One of the reasons I jumped into the '04. I was afraid the MPV might become bloated and manufactured in the US for the '06 transformation.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Let me ask you this, and get your intellectual juices flowing:

With rising fuel prices, do you think people will still want to have larger, less fuel efficient people movers, or do you think they'll want to have something that's more reasonable on the fuel bill?

Get Him!
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Slightly larger, with a diesel, and a 60/40 3rd row would please me greatly. Wink
-Dean

YMMV.
Corvette News
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Would you want something smaller, more nimble, and more economical, that was a great people/stuff hauler?
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Sounds like you're talking about the MX-Flexa.

My understanding was that there was still going to be a redesigned MPV (Mazda 7) on the 6 platform. If it's the same size as the current MPV, that's fine.

Ideally, I'd take a 6 5-door or MX-Flexa for myself, and an MPV for my wife.

-Dean

YMMV.
Corvette News
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

javadoc wrote:
Would you want something smaller, more nimble, and more economical, that was a great people/stuff hauler?

Whatchyoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

Is the MPV getting smaller or bigger? We talkin' hybrid down the road? I got a good enough deal on the '04 that if the same incentives rolled around in '06 I'd trade for a new improved MPV (yeah, we'll see when the time comes Rolling Eyes )

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Smaller.. bigger... smaller...bigger... red pill... blue pill...

I don't know. Wouldn't it be nice to know?
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: MPV versus Odyssey Reply with quote

Maybe we should break to a "2006 Speculation" thread, since we've hijacked this one. Smile
-Dean

YMMV.
Corvette News
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Next Generation MPV Speculation Thread Reply with quote

Done!
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Generation MPV Speculation Thread Reply with quote

You can never get a straight answer from JD, but you sure get a lot of help when the you need it!

Please Mazda, get a new tranny that gives better mileage, you can keep the 3.0 Duratec as long as the MPV doesn't get any bigger or heavier. Add the split third row magic seats. Put an optional BOSE stereo like in the 3/6/Miata (I hate BOSE stuff, but in a car it's better than the standard stereo and would be covered in the bumper-to-bumper). Add AWD. Add more wind/road isolation via door panel material or better carpet padding.

Make the side air/traction as standard and keep the price-point below the competition and eventually we'll start getting even more market share.

Oh, and set-up some of JDM accessories at the Dealership parts store(at least in the larger markets like California!) And that would really raise the coolness factor.

What I think they will do:
Change the looks.
Add the 3.5 Duratec.
Make both 2nd row seats slideable to the center.
Add a split third row
Order some cheaper parts somewhere else and hope they don't go bad like the PCV hose.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Generation MPV Speculation Thread Reply with quote

Nice wish list... all it'll cost is money. Sure bet that awd will add $1,500-$2,000 to the pricetag, but I think it'd be worth it. Some critics aready say that the MPV is fairly expensive for what you get, but they're looking at MSRP, which is really all the testers look at for any model usually. I fear that this happened w/the original MPV van as well.

How about this (what I'd wish for, not a reflection of anything, ahem):

AWD
3.5L V6 - 280hp.. please, don't wimp out
Debugged Transmission

Side Curtain Air Bags, all three rows (it's going to be an industry standard)
Better leather interior, get rid of the cheapo vinyl door inserts, for Pete's sake!
6/40 third row stowage (this is super useful in our Sienna)
A bit more legroom in the 2nd row
HID headlamps. Come on.. even the Mz3 has them
18" rims on the ES
NAV option
Bose optional audio
A little bit more sound insulation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next  
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: