MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Some basic questions RE: MPV Club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

As most of you know, I joined recently with a major problem with Old Smokey. Now that the funding and repairs are in line, I have some other basic questions.

1. I am obviously still a Newbie. How do you move up in rank? Is it just by the number of posts, or is there something I am missing?

2. I still feel like I am just poking around the site, and I often come on something I didn't know was there. Is there some basic information somewhere on the site that will help me better navigate. EG: How to insert Emoticons, put in links, add photo to my ID, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

AZRonS

( I want to get more stars behind my name )

Old Smokey, my first MPV, 94 - 2WD, ---Gave her away!!
Wife's car---1996 Infiniti I-30, 110K---A great car!
2001 OdyEX, 94K---Could almost park Old Smokey inside her!!{Here's Old Smokey![/color][/b]
daveorama
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

Yep, the more posts, the more stars! But nobody here pads their post count on purpose... Laughing I believe the next level for you is 50, so keep plugging!

As for the photos, links, etc. there is a help section that will explain most of it, and all of the guys are helpful here so I'll let some of the others who have helped me in the past help you as well. No sense in the myopic leading the blind!

'02 Midnight Blue Mica MPV LX
spoiler, fogs, 4 seasons, weatherflectors, hood deflector, K&N air
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

AZ,

I can't remember if someone suggested an FAQ for new members but since everyone is more than willing to show you how to do this and that around here I guess all you need to do is ask.

As you've been poking around, you can see we don't mind repeating answers around here (just gives us more chances to pad our post count spy )

Anyway, just let us know what you need.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

A FAQ might be a great idea... post it in the Suggestion Box, Rog!

You can use the button to see if something has been discussed before. Most members don't mind rehashing old topics anyway, so don't expect to be flamed if you ask a question that was asked before.

As far as rankings go, they're broken up basically by post-count milestones, which currently look like so:

Newbie..........................0-49
Jr. Member...................50-99
Full Member.............100-249
Sr. Member.............,.250-499
MPVClub Resident.....500-699
MPVClub Preacher.....700-999
MPVClub Addict............1,000+

So you're almost not a Newb anymore there, Ron! Your MPV reminds me of my 1990 4x4 so much! Glad to have you on the boards!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

No need to rush up in ranks as the board offers full customization and custom avatar (unlike other boards where you have to make min. number of posts to get all features. Of course that is if you don't plan on bragging in The 700 Club or in The 2K Corral. Very Happy
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

Thx for all the help and suggestions. Now that I can concentrate on something other than Old Smokey's problem, I would like to customize my profile.

AZRonS

2001 OdyEX, 94K---Could almost park Old Smokey inside her!!{Here's Old Smokey![/color][/b]
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

Yeah, we're a pretty friendly bunch. Cool

You should typically find a 'regular' on the site at any given time during the day. Alex even makes an appearance now and then! Razz If you're ever in a bind and don't know where something is or how to post something, just shoot a PM to that person online or post it here. We're here to help you while padding our post counts!

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

Thx for all the suggestions. However, I am still not clear on how to insert a pic in my profile. So if anyone can direct me there, I would appreciate it. Also, I notice that some of you will insert a paragraph from a previous post so that you can reply directly to that comment or question. How do I do that?

That's all for now.

AZRonS

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

AZRonS wrote:
... I notice that some of you will insert a paragraph from a previous post so that you can reply directly to that comment or question. How do I do that?

At the top-right of any member's post there's a button that you can click to add the person's quote in your reply. You can edit their quote, removing parts you aren't trying to quote..such as I did to your post.

AZRonS wrote:
...I am still not clear on how to insert a pic in my profile. So if anyone can direct me there, I would appreciate it...

if you click on the button near the top right of the page, up in the header, you can edit your profile, and your signature... as well as add an avatar picture. You can use one that's in the avatar gallery already, upload one from your computer (using the 'browse' button) or hotlink one from another URL. Just make sure your avatar is less than 80x80pixels and isn't a large file.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

AZRonS wrote:
However, I am still not clear on how to insert a pic in my profile. So if anyone can direct me there, I would appreciate it.

The avatar choice is done in four ways - one simple gif graphic that is small enough as described in the Profile section at the bottom to be saved to the MPVClub site server. ie 80 x 80 and <6kB which is pretty stringent.

1. Upload from your machine >> a simple 256 color gif is always small but they get grainy.
2. Same as above but found somewhere else other than yr PC.
3. Link to OFF-Site avatar - now here you can keep one on a personal website somewhere and size and type is not limited, gues either gif or jpg - usually jpg.
4. Grab a cartoon from the gallery here on the club site...

AND i have just realised a great cheat hehe! ...

5. Not mentioned but comes under the 3. type.

You can add a picture to a post and cross link the url for the picture into your avatar address field. Just go right click and Copy Address on a picture you havbe posted already as an "attachement" to an existing post, paste the address into the avatar field and voila! The piccie now comes up as your avatar. My one cheats a little and is 120 x 90 and is 6.26K but is held on my personal website. Ie, load the photo as an attachment to a post about yr MPV as a small pic and get the link from there LOL (Now I shouldn't be suggesting this but... it is available!)

Now about the second question below...
Before i posted this, I clicked on {quote} button and then edited the text and at the end of the first comment, I typed in using square brackets instead of () (/quote) to make a break in the text and started typing in the middle, but now i want to restart the quote again using the start text that you see (quote="AZRonS) (square instead of () again)

AZRonS wrote:

Also, I notice that some of you will insert a paragraph from a previous post so that you can reply directly to that comment or question. How do I do that?

That's all for now.

AZRonS

Hope that has cleared those qstns up...

PS - while editing, it is often helpful to have a second IE window open so you can browse in the club and get info by going CTL-N for a new window. In Opera it is CTL-Shift-N. I did this time so I could look at my Profile page to check out the options we were talking about.

Cheers!

Be glad as you will be to see the MPV running again!

Kiwi

PPS - if you make an error in a post, you can always go back with the Edit button and alter any details or even add to it afterwards and repost it.

Happy posting

PPPS I dont think I should write the FAQ - I talk too much!!

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

Wow! How quickly you guys all respond!

All that really helps. Now I will try to put some of it to good use in future posts.

AZRonS

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
The avatar choice is done in four ways...

He's an over-achiever. Wink
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic questions RE: MPV Club Reply with quote

To clarify the pic in the sig...

First post your pic in the gallery if you can't host it yourself or attach it to a post as Kiwi said. Then do the kiwi-instructed right click on the pic and go to Properties. There you will see the actual url file that you will highlight and save to use in your signature.

Now go to your profile and the signature field and type your sig. After that you use the url-tag to make it a link to the pic. i.e {url=http://forum.mpvclub.com/album_see.php?id=137}2004 LX{/url} this is the code

replace the {} with [].

This is how it will look in your sig:
2004 LX

Get creative and use the {color=grey}Dark Grey{/color} around your link or any part of the sig as well.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: