MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

my trip to the philippines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ersol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

You're all correct guys. There's no substitute to be with your own natives. No matter how hard life is over there, people are always happy and having good time. I myself plan to retire to one of the provinces there. But that is still a long time to come. In the meantime, I will enjoy driving my 91 MPV around the entire north America before I retire somewhere.

ARJoshua, I may contact you sometime before summer to get some pointers in travelling to Toronto from US, maybe via NY or Detroit. I'm here in Texas. My family wants to experience the Niagara area. If that's ok with you. I may see some old classmates too in Toronto.

Thanks.
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

pareng ersol walang problema Very Happy just PM me.. detroit/windsor would be the fastest way to get to toronto from texas..but if you want some scenic route it would be NY state/niagra...i went to dallas last year lovely place...talk about hail storm its as big as golf balls Mad

speaking of retiring we just bought a piece of land in tagaytay about 317 square feet corner lot so its our retirement investment

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

non-natives are not allowed to own property outrightly Crying or Very sad
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

unless your wife or spouse is filipino or posses a filipino citizenship you can purchase a land....myself does not have a filipino citezenship or have philippine passport aswell (left the motherland 14yrs old) i always joke to my wife that i'm a stranger on my own land everytime we go back home....so anywho we're able to buy land because of my wife's dual citizen so the property is under her name but we talked to the realtor to put my name as the primary...

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
ront
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

My parents still own alot of land there( about600 hectors) , I wonder how hard is it to inheriting land in the PI?
2000 MPV LX with sport package sold(sold)
2003 VW TDI Jetta Wagon GLS(sold)
2006 AWD LTD Ford Freestyle with lots of Volvo parts
2011 Malibu LTZ
metalfab
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Mabuhay!

My DW is Pinoy, I know where I'm retiring to in about 20 years ...my version of 'freedom 55' Smile

2015 Mazda 5 GS w/CP
Mazda OEM rack w/Thule Atlantis 1600
Mazda 1.25" Hitch w/ Thule Helium Aero

Past: 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2012 Mazda 5 GS, 2003 Mazda MPV DX
gilbertlee

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

I know it's a bit off topic but do you guys know what K&N filter i should use with my 2.5TD and where I can get it here in manila? And if you guy know of any good mechanics
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

ront wrote:
My parents still own alot of land there( about600 hectors) , I wonder how hard is it to inheriting land in the PI?

Just have to watch out for squatters if it's not being managed or maintained closely.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
mr2toy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Hi guys!
I will be going home for vacation on the 23rd with my family after 9 yrs of stay here in Toronto. Very Happy I know its not the great time of the year, i checked the temp and its goes up from 30 to 39 deg C. I could hear my kids complain now. I was checking the mazda site in Pinas and too bad we dont have the gen 2 pv there. Do you guys know if we can get any jdm MPV accessories surplus from japan? I am thinking of chrome accent side view mirrors/door handles, spoiler, jdm headlight and tailight stuff etc..etc.
Anyways if i dont get anything for my PV, i'm sure i can get something for my supercharge MR2. Smile

I guess the reason for not having the PV in Pinas is bigger passenger vans are more popular, my brother just bought the 12 seater nissan urban diesel. Smile

DQ

2002 MPV ES, black mica, GFX, 4 seasons pack.,moonroof, dvd entertaiment,auxmod,remote starter
89 toyota mr2 supercharged
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

DQ...if you cant get stuff for your van...its hard i tried it, they dont even know the mpv....they thought its by Isuzu!! when i told them its by mazda,,,,so anywho just get me some,,, Boy Bawang or cornic Very Happy

happy 22hr flight trip Laughing Laughing

2cam16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Nice to see some Pinoys around the forums !
Haven't been back there since I left in '85 ! Shocked

-Rob-
barnsmpv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Hi all, have you tried looking at Banawe, Quezon City for the parts and accessories? lot's of shops there and they might be able to get accessories or kits that you want...
MPVdownunder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Hi new pinoy member here from Australia..

picking up a 1995 white MPV tomorrow with 143,000km ...all stock Embarassed

current rides are 2002&1980 corolla Embarassed

will post pics of the MPV kapag nakuha ko na Wink

mpvcrazy i love your ride!! Shocked

hope to see the MPVdoing this roadtrip soon
Idea
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

wow that classic yellow rolla reminds me of my youth growing up in the phillippines i remember one of my uncle has a modified one with 13" banana rotas' Very Happy ....but nothing still beat my dad's 75 mitsubishi colt with saturn engine....that car boogies

welcome to the club hope you like your mpv.....ingat pre Wink

MPVdownunder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

ARJOSHUA wrote:
wow that classic yellow rolla reminds me of my youth growing up in the phillippines i remember one of my uncle has a modified one with 13" banana rotas' Very Happy ....but nothing still beat my dad's 75 mitsubishi colt with saturn engine....that car boogies

welcome to the club hope you like your mpv.....ingat pre Wink

thanks pre!!!

im sick of driving corollas hehehe MPV para maiba naman and the ride are lot better on MPV kahit 13 yrs old na..hehehe

MPV kind of reminds me of,,,shhhhh......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: