MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

my trip to the philippines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Just making a quick stop before I head off..gotta finish last-minute packing Razz ...flight's tonight..heard it's 14 hours l Rolling Eyes ng...Anyways, I'll see y'alls in July, My fellow MPV'ers Exclamation goggles
97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Ya never know, perhaps you may even logon from over there... keep us up with the news - how about a new digi-cam?? Laughing
Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

4X4AllSport wrote:
Just making a quick stop before I head off..gotta finish last-minute packing Razz ...flight's tonight..heard it's 14 hours l Rolling Eyes ng...Anyways, I'll see y'alls in July, My fellow MPV'ers Exclamation goggles

Hope you've arrived safely and have a good time. Try to hook up with someone who can get us GenII owners some JDM parts for cheap!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

actually went i went there i hardly saw any gen2's Mad i've seen mostly gen1's and infny's it would be tough to find parts ....but it would be nice if he can get one Cool
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
Ya never know, perhaps you may even logon from over there... keep us up with the news - how about a new digi-cam?? Laughing
type I was told one of the few places you can log on in Mindanao was i-net cafe's, and they weren't free, of course. A cousin of Mine had a computer, but never got around to using it. shuffle My digi-cam didn't arrive till about a month after placing the order for it since it was hot-seller being back-ordered. So, I had no camera with Me on My trip. Rolling Eyes Nevertheless, I've got some pics up now and will take more. yippee

papabear wrote:
Hope you've arrived safely and have a good time. Try to hook up with someone who can get us GenII owners some JDM parts for cheap!
ARJOSHUA wrote:
actually went i went there i hardly saw any gen2's Mad i've seen mostly gen1's and infny's it would be tough to find parts ....but it would be nice if he can get one Cool
We arrived safely and had a blast, but I'm not taking PAL again (long st Mad ry). I didn't see any 00-04's, but I did see several 96-98's and a couple 89-95's. Mazda's, in general, are rare there. The MP's I did see were decked out in the accessories I was looking for, but I couldn't find any Efini/JDM parts...didn't wanna waste too much time looking around since there were a lot of family, friends, and places to see. After all, it's been 12 years since I last been there. I was looking for a brushguard at least since almost every truck, van, and suv over there had one. wow There were shops that would actually make a custom one for you, but they needed to have the vehicle there. Prices there are definitely a lot cheaper. sun There's a good chance I'll be retiring over there. I'm assuming the accessories on the MP's I saw came like when imported from Japan since most shops didn't know or carry Efini/JDM Mazda. glasses There were some nice suv's by Toyota (Revo), Nissan (don't know the name), and Isuzu (Crosswind) that I've never seen before in N.A. My cousins had a Mitsubishi Pajero (aka Montero) and Isuzu Trooper. Traffic was bumper-to-bumper and nobody seemed to follow any sort of driving rules. Honking your horn was part of everyday driving. Laughing A lot of narrow streets and pedestrian overcrowding. Tricycles and jeepneys were all over the place. An experience I won't forget and would like to experience again some time. Grin
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

hey 4x4allsport.... welcome back pare....dont know much about PAL's services (international) my family usually take CP Wink ....but anyway all that SUV that you seen are locally built Toyota Revo, Isuzu Crosswind...they actually use them as as alternative to using the jeepneys' cause most of them are air condition..

when i was there.. i also asked for any parts for mazda MPV most of them dont know or carry mazda parts Crying or Very sad

well in my observation most mazdas' down there are all rebadged to fords: mazda proteges' - Ford Lynx, Tribute - Escape

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
SilverMPnyc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

The Crosswind, Tamaraw, Revo, HiLander (Isuzu made), are called "AUV's- Asian Utility Vehicles" according to my uncle. It's true though, most, if not all of these vehicles are diesel powered, usually not exceeding 2.5l. Most of them are RWD, and have the ability to seat 10 (!) people via jumpseats and lack of real safety equipment. My most fond memory of AUV's is that I learned how to drive a stick in my uncle's Hilander Surprised.

I never liked PA- we usually take Korean Air when going back because it's the cheapest ticket from NYC.

I also got some seat covers made in the Philippines as well - the fit is decent, but they misread my measurements for the armrests so the covers do not fit over them, and they were either too lazy or did not see the slots for the seatbelts that I drew into the measurements. I think that they want the car there for most of the custom work that needs to be done (like the brushguards) to make sure it fits; they don't really like to use "precise" measuring instruments there. More like trial and error for the fine tuning parts.

Hope you have fun over there! Eat all the ube and mangos you can - that's what I always do when I go back Laughing

2005 Subaru Outbact XT 6spd.

*RIP* 2004 Silver MPV LX
*RIP* 2003 Subaru Legacy L "Special Edition" -6 Spd. & ej205 swap vf23, 1993 Ford Taurus LX
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the trip 4X4, I went to Jakarta on a business trip 3 years ago - that was probably much the same. Out where we were there was a huge open street market and people selling stuff everywhere, and beggers too Sad Jeepneys were everywhere and quite hilarious. Cars were quite old - I mean up to 20 years old and not many newer cars but closer to the center were a few more and tiny little vans, some SUV's and occasionally the armed forces!

Good to have you back and that you now have a digi-cam! Wink Pity it didn't arrive in time for the trip. Sad

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Well, welcome back 4X4 and great pics on your other posts! My BIL is inviting my family to accompany his family to PI in January. He wants to hang in Boracay (spelling?) in the resort areas. We're tempted, but don't see surviving the half-day plane trip with a precocious toddler and a fussy-at-times one year old.

Glad you made it back safely too!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

ARJOSHUA, thanks, bayan Cool ...What airline is CP Question I did see the re-badged-Ford Mazda's you mentioned, but I also saw a coupe Mazda6's (Atenza) and even a Mazda3 (Axela).

Hey, SilverMPnyc, anong balita? Wink Who makes the Tamaraw? Big Laugh @ AUV's. My cousins' Trooper had a 3.1L w/ intercooler. I forget the displacement of the Pajero/Montero, but it had a turbo.

I'll probably take NorthWest Airlines next time, or maybe even Japan Air.

Yes, trial-and-error is the Filipino way. Laughing

They had mango everything there...juice, candy, etc. Ube is good, too. yumyum

Hey, kiwimp, I've never been to Indonesia..interesting about the jeepney's laughter ..didn't know they had 'em there, too. There were some old cars I saw. A relative of Mine has this 60's model VW Beetle with original paint and still runs. wow nly thing changed on it was the clutch. I did see armed men dressed in camouflage getups driving around in trucks, but didn't know if they were armed forces or not. I don't know Real glad I got the digicam, even if it did arrive a month after ordering it. Razz

Whatup, papa b. Exclamation Thanx, I got love for the MP, and hopefully, it shows. Boracay is amongst the places I wanted to go, but didn't have enough time. It's gotta be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Tough decision regarding your young ones... thinker ...What airline is your bro-in-law gonna use Question

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

4X4AllSport wrote:
.What airline is CP
......Cathy Pacific Wink

Toyota makes Tamaraw and Ford makes Feirra if im not mistaken...this brings back childhood memories Rolling Eyes

wow! they got 3s' and 6s' coupes already! and its not rebadged at all eh? funny thing i saw before i left was this huge Mazda billboard saying zoom-zoom near the airport Wink

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Well not much on the website Wink

http://www.mazda.com.ph

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

hey at least mazda scored go-go-goooooooaaaaallll!!!! Laughing Laughing

congrats on greece and brazil

4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

ARJOSHUA, the Mazda6's I saw were sedans, and the 3, I believe, was also a 4-door. They're not based on any Fords I'm aware of (despite having Ford components) so they're original Mazda designs--no rebadging here. Idea I'll keep Cathay Pacific in mind next time. I'm not too familiar with the Tamaraw or Fierra..I might've seen 'em around, but didn't know what they were...got pics Question

LazyF, Mazda's going through a born-again/re-building phase in the Philippines..it's kinda complicated with Ford making its decisions and all...which adds to Mazda's rarity in the country, and in general, for that matter. shuffle

chew We mentioned foods like mangos and ube, which are actually available in the US, but how rambotan(spelling?) and lanzones(sp?) which are only in the Philippines..dorian(sp?) is another, but I'm not too fond if its aroma. Wink'n'Grin

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

4X4AllSport wrote:
Whatup, papa b. Exclamation Thanx, I got love for the MP, and hopefully, it shows. Boracay is amongst the places I wanted to go, but didn't have enough time. It's gotta be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Tough decision regarding your young ones... thinker ...What airline is your bro-in-law gonna use Question

Not sure if he can use his UNITED privelages, but I'm sure he's going to try. His dad is a retired employee and he's still eligible as a family member to fly for free.

Here in CA they do have rombutan, I've yet to see lanzones. Durian has been around for awhile.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: