MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

my trip to the philippines
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

most minivans i've seen around are dieseled powered... Hyundais and Kia are common usually they're turbo powered, mpv's are rare only gen1's ive seen ....
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers

gen1 dieseled powered
mpv1a.jpg

mpv1a.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 1571 time(s)

diesel mpvs are very rare in NA
mpv1b.jpg

mpv1b.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 1575 time(s)

old school mazda van
old-mazda.jpg

old-mazda.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 1715 time(s)

old-mazda3.jpg

old-mazda3.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 1582 time(s)

this van is hyundai turbo intercooled diesel
starex1a.jpg

starex1a.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 1590 time(s)

4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

What's up...I think the old school van was called Bongo...anyways, damn, I want that brushguard on that Efini MP (last 2 pics)..nice chrome accented grille (standard). I'll be visiting the Philippines in June, and see what I can come up with.

97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

yeah... most mini vans i've seen around there are hyundai's and kia's.. I hardly saw gen2-gen3 MPVs mostly gen1 and those are even hard to find..there are also chevy ventures and chry. caravans. Mazdas are not that popular down there, they do have gen2 protege/323 but the newest model of protege's are being rebadge as Ford lynx same as with the mazda tribute to ford escape..

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Basically, if you own a genuine Mazda, you kind of separate yourself from the crowd...Mazda's somewhat of a niche car company...their goal was never to be the most popular brand to begin with...Can I get a witness ask
lookaround

InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Amen brother!

Haven't been to the PI since I was born in '71. My wife left there in '89 and we hope to visit when the kids get older. Little scared of the traffic from what everyone says and people say not to travel over there during elections.

Hope you have a good trip in June 4X4!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

hey papa bear,

I'vnt been back for 16 yrs. but i drove down there on my vacation, what we've learned driving wise in north america might as well throw it out when you drive down there. You must be aggressive, dont give up space cause if you do 2-3 cars would butt in front of you not to mention those pesky tri-cycle, but surprisingly i didn't even saw any major accident...one thing i dont like is the traffic, you almost spent half a day stuck on it and you must have your AC full blast..

i did'nt know your a pinoy? is 4x4 as well?? so how many pinoys in the club?

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

There's a handful of us on the board. 4x4 is a real expert on the first gen MPV's and the rest of us show our true colors during food threads. Just search for the kare-kare thread to see what I mean!
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

ok i guess i'll just follow the smell of bagoong Laughing

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

You might find me too, but I'm no pinoy. Laughing I like anchovies and my grandmas tripe soup, but I would probably never try balut eggs thought puke (hope nobodys feelings got hurt Wink )
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

papabear wrote:

Hope you have a good trip in June 4X4!
Thanks, man. I don't plan to do any driving when I'm there because I'm well aware Wink . I'm originally from Mindinao, which is, a predominantly Muslim territory so you gotta be careful. We were supposed to go there last year, but My fam over there said it wasn't a good time. Anyways, all these food references is making Me hungry...who digs chocolate meat Question Wink'n'Grin

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

where abouts in mindanao are you from?? I have a couple relatives that lives down there...one lives in davao city and one in Bislig...anyway have a safe trip isnt it typhoon season around june??

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

4X4AllSport wrote:
I'm originally from Mindinao, which is, a predominantly Muslim territory so you gotta be careful. We were supposed to go there last year, but My fam over there said it wasn't a good time. Anyways, all these food references is making Me hungry...who digs chocolate meat Question Wink'n'Grin

Sorry dude, never touch the stuff... What kind of precautions are you gonna take to insure a safe trip or do you have enough relatives and familiarity to take care of yourself?

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

ARJOSHUA wrote:
where abouts in mindanao are you from?? I have a couple relatives that lives down there...one lives in davao city and one in Bislig...anyway have a safe trip isnt it typhoon season around june??
I was born in Marbel, South Cotabato and was partly raised in Koronadol...June is about the only free time that the fam has, and I was told it's amongst the cheapest months to travel there. brows

papabear wrote:
Sorry dude, never touch the stuff...
yumyum I love it..definitely one of My fave dishes.
papabear wrote:
What kind of precautions are you gonna take to insure a safe trip or do you have enough relatives and familiarity to take care of yourself?
A little of both..I've got a ton of fam still over there. We'll be spending some time in the metro Manilla area, as well. goggles

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Are you going shopping for MPV parts?? Brushguards, bumper overiders... and any other good mods? Oh, another PC? Wink

goggles

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: my trip to the philippines Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
Are you going shopping for MPV parts?? Brushguards, bumper overiders... and any other good mods? Oh, another PC? Wink
Hehe..I'll see what I can come across with...My comp is okay, for now..I just need to get a better quality monitor.

Cool goggles

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: