MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Cd's ejecting hot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrpiii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

My cd player in my 2000 MVP LX has started acting up. It is making a scratching sound when playing cds and when the cd is ejected they are hot to touch. Any ideas? Repair, replace OEM or aftermarket?
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

I'm trying to remember an issue w/the 2000's CD player. I thought that the 6-Disk unit had some issue w/either not accepting or ejecting disks, but didnt' readily come up with a TSB on it.

I've a spare single CD unit, if you decide you need to replace it w/OEM. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

javadoc wrote:
I'm trying to remember an issue w/the 2000's CD player. I thought that the 6-Disk unit had some issue w/either not accepting or ejecting disks, but didnt' readily come up with a TSB on it.

I kind of remember something about the 6disk unit too. Was it that it wouldn't give the disks back? Maybe it was that is just wouldn't accept them.

Anybody else remember?

[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

I think this is the thread - took a while to find but give the search engine a few options and then narrow them down...

CD Player

Talks about ejecting for no reason and someone else with one that just stops playing and goes next time you get in and drive....

members with problems:
Rob,
Miknat
Glennman
and Papabear in another vehicle.

HTH

Cheers...

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
swiftturtle
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

As far as changing out a 2000 cd player you could probably do either, replace with a OEM or an aftermarket. there are reasons for both. I would probably go aftermarket but there is more work involved. I've seen some cheap OEM stuff on ebay that would fit.

Either way good luck with what ever you decided to do. Cool

2003 ES Coastal Blue Metallic
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

I have my 6disk Head Unit for sale... right HERE. Smile

I had been going to get rid of the single CD Head Unit, but figured it better to part w/the changer since the van's going to the MIL and she doesn't want a changer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rpieper
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Cd's ejecting hot Reply with quote

Look at the majority of vehicles and the location of the cassette / cd player and it's proximity to the heat outlet.

In my Volvo I found that adding a small sheet of fiberglass insulation batt between the heating duct and the radio goes a long way to perpetuating the life of the audio system.

98 White ES AllSport 86K and loving it
95 White Honda Accord 168K - Son hijacked it for himself
92 Black Volvo 240 275K and died of a brain fry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: