MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

loud rad fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lashk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: loud rad fan? Reply with quote

loud Speak up !! I can't hear you, my radiator fan is on !! Yes, that was one of the first things I noticed about my Mpv.
labrat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: loud rad fan? Reply with quote

Digging deep into the archives of mpvclub ... lookaround and resurrecting an old thread. Grin

Is it normal for the rad fan to cycle on and off in 30 second or so intervals with the defrost on and the engine idling. I realize that the AC compressor activates when the temp is above freezing, but is that fan on / off cycle time normal?

-Labrat

'04 MPV ES Razor Blue...SHARP
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: loud rad fan? Reply with quote

Yep, that's normal. When it's hotter out, it'll run longer if it needs too.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
labrat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: loud rad fan? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Smile
-Labrat

'04 MPV ES Razor Blue...SHARP
pipedoctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: loud rad fan? Reply with quote

I had a friend with an MPV that when he started it from cold the fan would come on because he had it set on defrost. He was set to take it into a dealer because he thought there was a problem. I went over and turned the fan control to a different setting and the van stopped doing it. He thought I was a genious. I'm wondering if a lot of people do not realize what the van is programmed to do because they've never had it explained to them properly and are sometimes searching for a problem that doesn't exist. Thanks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: