MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Dash kit for MPV
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Those of you interested in putting a aftermarket radio. A dash kit is now available at Crutchfield for $19.99.
It will fit all 2000 & up MPV's. here is the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-1jJbWlo2O9W/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=112200&I=120997502&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Finally!!! That's a great find! Thanks so much for getting it to us. Now I can seriously consider the Pioneer DEH-P5500MP player!
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Yahoo shopping has interesting prices on the deh-p5500mp from few top rated merchants. Still doesn't mean it's a great business with them, but it might be worth it a try.
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

I've already seen some <$200 prices online so I'm definitely shopping around. But as with most upgrades, I'll have to wait til funds are available! Or my lotto numbers win! $70 million...I could really do some mods with that kind of dough.
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
swiftturtle
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Great find!

Lottery huh? I wish we had one here.... bigcry

2003 ES Coastal Blue Metallic
rpieper
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Remember, with Crutchfield this 'kit' is a free add on if you order your receiver from them. You only pay if you don't buy - same with wiring harness if needed. --- This is one of the big plusses of Crutchfield.
98 White ES AllSport 86K and loving it
95 White Honda Accord 168K - Son hijacked it for himself
92 Black Volvo 240 275K and died of a brain fry
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

You sure about that? That would offset the $20 and keep the whole deal inline with other online merchant who usually sell that head unit for $20 less. Let me call Crutchfield... that would make it perfect!
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
rpieper
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

In the listing it states that the filler is part of the provided 'kit' that Crutchfield sends along. You have to let them know what vehicle it is going into and they send along the needed parts.
98 White ES AllSport 86K and loving it
95 White Honda Accord 168K - Son hijacked it for himself
92 Black Volvo 240 275K and died of a brain fry
TonyJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

That is correct about Crutchfield. I already purchased the kit and harness, cost $35 (US) shipping included. And it is a perfect contour of the deck shape. Just haven't found a deck my DW will let me have yet? so many choices, not low enough prices Crying or Very sad
This is the best way to get it, either purchase a deck from Crutchfield, and get all the goodies included, or purchase the kit, and harness. ANd find your deck elsewhere. Don't try to order it from retail shops. They are a PIA when trying to do something for a customer Evil or Very Mad
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't read the fine print. Called Crutchfield to confirm. The dash kit and the wiring harness would come free with a receiver and currently they have 3 day free shipping on the site and their normal $50 off if you buy a head unit and two pairs of speakers.

It's actually not too bad of a deal when you consider the separate costs of the dash kit and wiring harness, plus locale sales tax and other merchants possibly more expensive shipping charges.

Plus if you apply for the no interest/no payment for 180 days it might be a good deal for some. Hmmm...

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

Nice find. Thanks! I'm sure many Club members will enjoy this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TonyJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

I installed my old Kenwood KDC-711 Excelon series into the van. SOunded good, except. I have the 9 speaker setup, so the subwoofer was disable.
Well not for too long. very easy fix. Laughing
When you have the wire harness, there are 2. one is a 15 pin, and the other is a 8pin I believe. Anyway the 8pin is for the rear sepeakers, left and right. But on the vechicle side there is one additional wire. white/gray striped. that is the power turn on. so just wire that to the after market deck power /amp turn on, and....It's Alive Wink
I will post pictures of the install and wiring later on.
Took me about 1 hour, b/c I ran into the subwoofer problem. other than that about a 30min job. That is, if you already have the wire harness already wired to the aftermarket deck. Highly recommend that you have the wire harness.
Oh this is for the 2001 MPV, I'm sure they are still the same for 2000, and up though.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

I'm making this topic 'Sticky' because of the last post. That's invaluable knowledge for anyone wanting to add the sub to their system!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

tdjohnson75 wrote:
I installed my old Kenwood KDC-711 Excelon series into the van. SOunded good, except. I have the 9 speaker setup, so the subwoofer was disable.
Well not for too long. very easy fix. Laughing
When you have the wire harness, there are 2. one is a 15 pin, and the other is a 8pin I believe. Anyway the 8pin is for the rear sepeakers, left and right. But on the vechicle side there is one additional wire. white/gray striped. that is the power turn on. so just wire that to the after market deck power /amp turn on, and....It's Alive Wink
I will post pictures of the install and wiring later on.
Took me about 1 hour, b/c I ran into the subwoofer problem. other than that about a 30min job. That is, if you already have the wire harness already wired to the aftermarket deck. Highly recommend that you have the wire harness.
Oh this is for the 2001 MPV, I'm sure they are still the same for 2000, and up though.

Unfortunately, the '02-'03 head unit has a different harness (only one). Hopefully they have the one that will fit the later models if you specify your year to them. You mean the white/gray wire is the remote turn on for the sub correct?

BTW- thanks for the info and can't wait for the write-up and pics!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
TonyJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Dash kit for MPV Reply with quote

yes the white/gray is the remote turn on for the sub. I did not know they went to a a single harness for the 02-03. Well like I said I will take some pics, and hopeful do a write up for it. My home pc is a lil screwy thx to that stupid Worm virus Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: