MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Largest wheels for a stock MPV?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grcygtr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Largest wheels for a stock MPV? Reply with quote

I work at Discount Tire, and I've got an MPV, so naturally, I want to put some rims on it. Will 18's fit? Maybe dubs? Very Happy I'd like to have a little bit of sidewall, but it's not important. Anyone have pics?
1988 Nissan Pathfinder, 4.3/700r4/Yota axles/37's.
1985 Honda Civic HB, carburated, on jackstands.
1990 Mazda MPV minivan, stock.
1992 Mazda MPV minivan, stock, with the 90's bumps.
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Largest wheels for a stock MPV? Reply with quote

Hi Grcygtr - and welcome to the club... and ready for your first post and query. Well you're not the first with this request but others have discussed the same topic...

How big of tires?

And a review of somone from within Mazdas ranks has done it himself reported here...

2002 Mazda MPV - Mazda Transfers Itsâ Sports Car Reputation To Their Minivan And Pulls It Off!

Good luck and have fun - show us some pictures when you have it done...

Any questions - just ask buddy...

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
grcygtr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Largest wheels for a stock MPV? Reply with quote

Haha, I saw that post, and was hoping for some pics along with everyone else there... It's good to hear that 255/30/19's bolt on... The MPV I have now is kind of a piece of junk, my dad trashed it pretty hard, but it still runs like a champ after 171k miles of HARD abuse.. In early August, my Uncle is going to give his up, and his is REALLY nice. I think it's like a 92 with darn near every option available. So I'm gonna buy some stuff for this one, and transfer it. Very Happy
1988 Nissan Pathfinder, 4.3/700r4/Yota axles/37's.
1985 Honda Civic HB, carburated, on jackstands.
1990 Mazda MPV minivan, stock.
1992 Mazda MPV minivan, stock, with the 90's bumps.
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Largest wheels for a stock MPV? Reply with quote

You sound like one guy in the club, had one written off, went out and bought another 2nd hand one with just the same specs and color...

At least you have a plan - stick to it and the good one will reward you... our 93 has most options - fogs, rear A/C, rear heater, Efini oval power mirrors, now added tow hitch, Trans 2nd cooler, new head units and CD stacker coming and the paint is in mint condition and only 121,000km or about 75,000miles. Interior is completely original and in good nick... I do goon .. sorry buddy. Sort out some photos once you get the wheels done - may not get 225's in there though on the front.

Goodluck...

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Largest wheels for a stock MPV? Reply with quote

grcygtr wrote:
The MPV I have now is kind of a piece of junk, my dad trashed it pretty hard, but it still runs like a champ after 171k miles of HARD abuse..
MP's sure do take a beating--don't they Question But, they'll keep on ticking....... burnout

grcygtr wrote:
In early August, my Uncle is going to give his up, and his is REALLY nice. I think it's like a 92 with darn near every option available. So I'm gonna buy some stuff for this one, and transfer it.
..definitely post up some visuals when you get the chance. glasses
97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: