MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

"Anti-Lock Braking System" light
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LPA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

I own a 1994 MPV. For the first time ever, when driving along, suddenly the "Anti-Lock Braking System" light came on, and stays on. What does this mean? I can find nothing about it in the useless owner's manual

Please help a.s.a.p.

thanks
richard

Richard
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

Turn your key to the on posistion, and wait to see if the "ABS" light starts to flash. If not, There should be a gray single pin connector on the driver side fenderwall. Unhook that and jump the grey/white side to a ground momentarily when it is grounded then the ground broken the light should start flashing. either way, these are the codes--

(2,3,4,)-Hydraulic unit

(6)-Ring gear speed sensor

(7,8,)-Hydraulic unit

(9.10)-Ring gear speed sensor

(11)-Stoplight switch

(13,14,15)-Control unit

There are flow charts for all of these. This is just a place to start.
Very Happy

'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
"I want my, I want my, I want my MPV"
LPA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

many thanks for the information!

rgds
richard

Richard
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

OU812 - I take it that after 93 model, some things changed on the MPV... or does this apply to the earlier models as well? You are such a wealth of info there friend, it would be a real boon if you had a simple digicam to share some photos with us all... not pressing, just hopin - one day...

I take it you have the full workshop manual?

keep it up buddy,

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

Kiwi, Just checked my '91 manual. It's the same codes for that also, just a different connector on the front. The '91 has a 3 pin blue connector.
On that one, if you hold the connector so the horizontal pin is down you ground the pin on the left. Very Happy Got a manual for both, problem is, they tell you what to do on some things, and not on others. Like, they will tell you what to ground for this, but not the engine or the hold codes.

I don't know Go figure!

'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
reybie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

Quote:

(2,3,4,)-Hydraulic unit

(6)-Ring gear speed sensor

(7,8,)-Hydraulic unit

(9.10)-Ring gear speed sensor

(11)-Stoplight switch

(13,14,15)-Control unit

The numbers in (), are they the number of flashes of the ABS indicator on the dash console?

Right now, ours is flashing when the engine is running. I believe it turns on and then flashes 3 times.
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anti-Lock Braking System" light Reply with quote

check and make sure (when it comes on) that it is not a "long flash" which would be considered as a 10 followed by three flashes 3- which would make it a 13 it should repeat the same as it would with the cpu. But "yes" it is the ABS light that flashes. let me know which it is, 3 or 13 and I will check the flow charts for you.
'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: