MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

tranny prob.???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Or "Stop your flashing and hold the tranny" Shocked

Hello fellow "MPVr's. I was out today with the wife, my '94 was doin just fine. Then, we made a couple stops at some stores and started on the way home, when I noticed that I didn't have a whole lot of power on acceleration. If I manually shifted to 1'st then it was ok. Before I forget, the "HOLD" light was blinking also. It seemed like it wouldn't shift from 2'nd to 3'rd, and if I didn't shift manually, it didn't seem like it was shifting into 1'st either. Now comes the fun part. I got home, shut it off, and ran for the shop manual. I peeked around in the book for a couple, then decided to start it up again and try a test drive to see if it was still doing it, and "VOILA" it's back to normal with no blinkin light. Now for my two questions: 1. Just exactly what is goin on?? 2. How can I pull the stored code, or codes from the van?? I know that you can ground the "TEN" pin for the engine codes, but what pin do I ground for the tranny codes?

help

'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
"I want my, I want my, I want my MPV"
yugadzam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Find the TCU and there should be a blue 1 pin connector on the harness near the TCU. Ground it and count the flash's. 1 long flash=10, 1 short flash=1.
01=engine rpm sensor
06= speed sensor
07=speed sensor 2 ( in speedometer)
12=throttle sensor
56=ATF thermosensor
60=shift solonoid A
61=shift solonoid B
62=overrunning clutch solonoid
63=lockup solonoid
64=line pressure solonoid
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Ummmmmmm. "TCU"Huh??
'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
yugadzam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Transmission control unit.
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

By that, you mean the control module that is up under the driver side dash?
'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
yugadzam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Yea,should be a 1 pin blue connector in the harness to it.
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Very Happy Well Allrighty then. It's a little too dark out right now. Will try it in the morn. and let you know what happens.
'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

No blue, or any empty single pin connector up-n-under there. Is there a pin to ground in the diagnosis box under the hood?
'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
yugadzam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

I don't have the 94 manual. I guess they moved the connector. Do you see a blue 1 pin under the hood? Is there a pin in the diagosis connector starting with a T? 94 may require an ECAT tester.
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Very Happy I did find out how to pull the hold codes. "WOW" try saying that 3 times fast! Shocked

What I needed to do, was, In the diagnosis box, Ground the "TAT" connector and turn the key to the on posistion and count the flashes.

It turned out to be, the shift B solenoid. But, there is a cluster of 4 solenoids that all have to be changed if you change one.

shuffle "Oh, the joy"

'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

OU812 -
You are quickly becoming a very helpful and knowledgeable guy having the skills to attack a variety of problems and solve them properly and also willing to put your learned skills down onto the keyboard and into the forum pages - well done!! Could you fill us in on the year and model you have - I think you did in earlier emails, but there is space in the "Profile" area to add your family vehicles etc as a signature as well - Thanks - I know it is a personal thing to share what you drive but we have a parade of old vehicles here at home, family is not as extensive as yours... but hey - I am impressed!!

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

For anyone interested, I found this site & FYI the price differance between here and Mazda was a little more than $200. http://www.bulkpart.com/

On another note, before I go any further with this tranny, I did notice the fluid is about 1/4 inch above the top notch, might this be causing me to get a shift B solenoid code?

Kiwi,, Just doin my part to learn together Very Happy
Just remember, "If they don't find ya handsome, they should atleast find ya handy" thumbsup

wiggle

'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
ou812
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Just woundering, before i get started on this next adventure, peepwall
Is there anything I should know about changing the solenoids? Is it an easy task? can I access them without dropping the tranny? or should I pack a lunch and get ready to spend the day?

'91 silver MPV (gone)
'94 white MPV (gone)
DON

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: tranny prob.??? Reply with quote

Thank you for the info.(ou812) But I still would like to get the TECH.SPECS.for this trans.if you or another member knows were I can obtain these specs.please respond! coded last wk.received these codes:63-64 and was advised to replace TCM which I did with a used one and it didn't change the operation.But I feel I need to address the wiring harness first, before I tackle replacing syl.as I feel by the looks of it that it might need help first.But atleast I know more about it than I did 24hrs ago because of these members experence w/ this problem and I thank you all for the free knowledge you shared or can share w/ me on this MPV!!!!!!! I have access to the diag.codes now thanks to this club!! But still need Tech.specs. so that I can go through proc.of elem.on the elec.side before going through mech.side. Thank Yall Again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: