MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Exhaust replacement options
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coulsonl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Exhaust replacement options Reply with quote

It's about time for a new exhaust (and probably O2 sensors).
Does anyone make a stainless steel cat back exhaust to replace the original?

What about "performance" exhaust(s)? Does anyone make an exhaust hop up kit? Oversized pipe, etc.?

I can probably go to the local shop and have them gin something up but I'd prefer to do the work myself if someone makes affordable parts (Mazda parts are seldom affordable)
Thanks, Kev.
9ine Deuce
MPV Club 929 owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust replacement options Reply with quote

jus buy a high flow muffler and take it to a muffler shop and get them to weld somethingm up, theres no need to change the stock size of of the piping. I jus did mine by deleting the rear muffler and straight piping it, next Im gonna upgrade the resonator

my 929 progress - http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/482284
929 community - http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showforum=33
rpieper
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust replacement options Reply with quote

My 98 developed a rust-out at the flange joining the muffler to the resonator (over the rear axle). The usual suspects (Midas, Meineke) quoted $500 to repair. Finally found a custom exhaust place and they welded new piping to the connecting pipe out of the muffler and bent it to conform all the way to the normal exit point - totally eliminated the resonator. End result seems to be smoother and maybe a little 'nicer' note. Cost was $60. DW thinks it is 'louder' but... Will have to check the gas mileage over the next few days to see if that has changed.
Next year will go to cat-back system - quote was $250 for full cat-back as compared to $700 + to do a stock replacement!!! beer

98 White ES AllSport 86K and loving it
95 White Honda Accord 168K - Son hijacked it for himself
92 Black Volvo 240 275K and died of a brain fry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: