MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Cooling Fan fuses are blowing 2000 MPV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyinCal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Cooling Fan fuses are blowing 2000 MPV Reply with quote

I own a 2000 MPV 2.5. I had both fans replaced three months ago but since then periodically both fuses for the cooling fans blow out. The mechanic changed the fuses from 30 amps to 40 but last night the 40 amp fuses blew, the car heated up and we had it towed back. The wiring looks OK from what I can see. The fuses appear to blow when there is a lot of strain on the engine, i.e., hot weather, long trip. So could it be that I have a problem with the cooling system which is putting a big strain on the fans? Plugged radiator, bad thermostat, air lock??? Also I noticed that there are two arrays of what I assume are relays for the fans under the hood, one next to the fuse box, the other on the passenger side. Both have two large black boxes (coil inside) and a green one. Could these be a problem? Any thoughts people? Thanks
bklynsoulja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cooling Fan fuses are blowing 2000 MPV Reply with quote

you should never ever put a wrong rated fuse...find a new mechanic...you lucky your car didn't catch on fire yet...also check your fan relays
Gmctrucks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cooling Fan fuses are blowing 2000 MPV Reply with quote

On our 2001 MPV the wire leading into into the fan motor shorted out you can see burnt wires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: