MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

New Guy, Old MPV!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pogieman2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: New Guy, Old MPV! Reply with quote

Just joined, had 1992 MPV 4X4! Then got a 1998 2X4 in 2000! It's only got 130k on it and has been pretty good over all! Just normal stuff, put water pump and timing belt on at about 90K and a distributor at 120k. I did a cheapee distributor from RockAuto and I think it may be bad again! The first time it just QUIT while driving, this time it would not start! A day or two later I was going to hook up my HP-Scanner but the dang thing started A few days later again would not start, even with starter fluid, it has no spark!

Hooked up HP-Scanner as well as well a little hand-held one I have, both say error or couldn't connect! I checked pretty much all the connections including on the ECM it's self!

Go ahead and spring for a distributor?

Thanks Al

I want to do good, just not right now!
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Guy, Old MPV! Reply with quote

You could try changing just the coil inside the distributor instead of buying the whole thing, it's cheaper and usually that's what actually goes wrong other than that, it does sound a little weird your scanner wont hook up
1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 189K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 153K
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1996 Mazda MPV 2WD 260K (Parts Car)
White & Tan 2 Tone

pogieman2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Guy, Old MPV! Reply with quote

I still have the old, old one maybe ohm out the 2 coils for S&Gs! I wouldn't think the a coil or even the distributor would cause it not to connect to HP Scanner! Be then again, thinking gets me in trouble sometimes!
I want to do good, just not right now!
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: New Guy, Old MPV! Reply with quote

Does the scanner get power when plugged into the port?
-If so, check the wires for damage to the port itself, there's a pigtail where it disconnects a little higher up from the port itself

If the scanner doesn't get power at all then check if the pigtail is even plugged in.

Let us know what happens after checking those

1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 189K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 153K
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1996 Mazda MPV 2WD 260K (Parts Car)
White & Tan 2 Tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: