MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

oil on spark plug. valve cover gasket?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowjane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: oil on spark plug. valve cover gasket? Reply with quote

hey yall, very happy to see that this is back up and running, I dont know what I would do without yall. Im determined to keep this thing running as long as possible, and when I finally do say goodbye, id really like to scoop up another one but 4wd.

Anyway, havent had any major problems for a while but lots of accumulating smaller issues... I have it in the garage and Im fixing the list of stuff.

I have been having some coolant loss. Which was something I was trying to fix this time around, but I was pretty sure i found the leak.

BUT. when I pulled the spark plugs there was oil on em. this means valve cover gasket??

this is possible with engine in the vehicle, yes?

anything else I should look for? any posts I didnt see on valve cover change?

Also found my tie rod ends need to be changed. so i will be doing those as well.

I havent done much with engines yet, but I am excited to learn. Ive done suspension, alternator, radiator, water pump, timing belt, starter, all the easy lil things, oh not to mention switched out the transmission ( Wink ) but i learn best by experience and yall have been very helpful in the past. Any advice on how to best inspect/fix up my engine would be great, thank you.
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: oil on spark plug. valve cover gasket? Reply with quote

Coolant loss can be a number of things, best bet is to look around yourself on that one.

The valve cover seals are fairly easy to change but the intake manifold will have to be removed. Don't be afraid though, it's much easier than you think.
When putting on a new valve cover seal don't tighten it flush down as it's a rubber seal and doesn't need to be seriously tight.

1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 172K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 143K
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1996 Mazda MPV 2WD 260K (Parts Car)
White & Tan 2 Tone

Joeinoc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: oil on spark plug. valve cover gasket? Reply with quote

Oil on the OUTSIDE of the plug? Or the electode inside the combustion chamber? Big difference
1996 MPV 2wd
crowjane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: oil on spark plug. valve cover gasket? Reply with quote

update, its actually on the threads.
lzm00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: oil on spark plug. valve cover gasket? Reply with quote

burberry book bags
ray ban australia store
Nike Air Max Lunar 90 Damen
ray ban sunglasses
Air Jordan
oakley sunglasses
ray-ban eyeglasses
Michael Kors
nike air
michael kors bags
lzm12.8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: