MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Need some D/S half shaft help
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndiWest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some D/S half shaft help Reply with quote

Just outside of the Utah version of the salt belt in SW Wyoming. It could have spent a lot of its time in Utah though for all I know.. I will take a picture of the other side of that bearing its like an iron-red mud-sludge.
'93 MPV 4wd auto w/ tow
IndiWest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some D/S half shaft help Reply with quote

FINALLY got it today.... you probably can't see in the photo as its a lower quality camera but the c-clip is mashed on one side which flattened and widened it...hence the no release. There is also a pretty crusty rust-mud all over the splines which I'm sure didn't help.

After I broke my last bench vise and bought a much beefier one to replace it with I ended up cutting along each side for pressure relief with a Dremel....then pounding the bujeezus out of it with a hammer until it broke loose.

The female splines in the cup are all worn down around the edges which is what I believe was causing it to wobble. Hopefully the new one fits nice and tightly.

'93 MPV 4wd auto w/ tow
IndiWest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some D/S half shaft help Reply with quote

Alright although nobody apparently sells the model-specific snap rings, I was able to get the axle tube out and get the intact inner snap ring out of the diff.

Did the measurements and it measures:
.048" thickness
.986" inside diameter
1.238" outside diameter

Hopefully that helps for anyone else having to tackle this mess.
These are the measurements for the snap rings that go on either end of the center forward axle shaft.

The outboard splines of the intermediate shaft were completely folded over and rounded....so I had to order another intermediate for 286 bucks. Mazda dealerships don't offer the part anymore but the part number as acquired by a dealership is:

M0A327700A (original)
and M0A327700A (replacement for original)

Apologies about the pictures...apparently photobucket destroyed my thread because it suddenly wants me to pay for it now

'93 MPV 4wd auto w/ tow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: