MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Starts Fine but Dies Without Pushing Pedal - no idle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lampster65

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Starts Fine but Dies Without Pushing Pedal - no idle Reply with quote

2003 MPV LX (4 cyl), no CEL. Engine starts easily and runs smooth if you give it gas, but as soon as you release the pedal, it dies. It won't maintain idle.
Here's the weird part. Lots of clicking, sighing, and after it dies, if you push on the pedal you hear a whine like a motor or a relay. Doesn't do that any other time, only after it dies. Oh, the key is probably still on at that point.
Fans kick on fine when it gets hot. Eventually, something seems to happen and it will run fine. Runs fine for a few days, then when its been cold, it will happen again where it won't hold idle and dies.
Again, when it runs its nice and smooth. No rough idle like a PCV problem. It seems more like a relay or mechanical valve that opens when hot that is stuck when cold? Or maybe vacuum where a leak closes when the pipe gets hot?
I'll probably replace the PCV valve and hose to just eliminate that, but I think something else is going on.
I do get a CEL when it dies, but I don't have a scanner at home to check it. Once its running normal, no CEL.
Anyone have this problem?

2003 MPV LX (4 cyl)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: