MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Monroe Air Shocks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamJoaMPV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Monroe Air Shocks Reply with quote

1998 MPV All Sport. 127k miles

New MPV owner with bad factory shocks so replaced them with Monroe part # MA 818 air shocks. Easy to install just feel the rear is a tad bouncy. Have it at 100lbs and it sits level. 100lbs to low? Not sure I like the bounce it has.
Thanks Guys

1998 Mazda MPV All Sport
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Monroe Air Shocks Reply with quote

hey

i owned the 818's about three years ago. never had a bouncy ride on them at all. i always bumped them up a little higher than level as i never used them via compressor.

Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

JamJoaMPV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Monroe Air Shocks Reply with quote

added a little more air and rides fine. feels like a new ride.
1998 Mazda MPV All Sport
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Monroe Air Shocks Reply with quote

cool stuff

but keep in mind that those monroes are not designed to have the air in them 24/7. they will crap out on you within months if you dont deflate. i had them and they only lasted 6 months before they died. Are you still using the oem compressor or did you ditch it and are just manually filling up the shocks?

Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: