MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Aftermarket in dash radios? - Planning an install
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie-Dave

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket in dash radios? - Planning an install Reply with quote

Anybody have any pictures of a single or double din aftermarket head unit install in their MPV? I'm looking to replace the factory stereo/cd with a CD/bluetooth and possibly nav unit in out 2004. Only reason it is being replaced is the cd player constantly skips now and using a cd cleaner doesn't do anything to cure the problem.

I'm assuming I need the Metra single or double din dash kit, wiring harness, and the Metra steering wheel controls? Anything else I'm missing?

edited to make replying easier. Subject was too long.

Thanks,

Last edited by Hokie-Dave on Wed May 11, 2016 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Pics of aftermarket in dash receivers?Planning an install Reply with quote

nope but you could go the other route and buy an HU interface and a cheap android tablet/i device to use via blutooth (what i did) spend less then $200
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
Hokie-Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Pics of aftermarket in dash receivers?Planning an install Reply with quote

novalight wrote:
nope but you could go the other route and buy an HU interface and a cheap android tablet/i device to use via blutooth (what i did) spend less then $200

Thanks. Yea, I don't think she would go for that, one more item to have to hook up when getting ready to drive. She likes her CD's and the car also has an issue with the radio being very staticy while a phone is being charged. I'm looking at just a basic $100-150 Head unit and the adapters and hopefully getting out of there for under $200 that way. This would give her a bluetooth interface for taking and receiving calls while driving instead of using her earpiece. (Hopefully she has been using her bluetooth earpiece while driving instead of just the phone. lol )
05 Vegas MPV

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket in dash radios? - Planning an install Reply with quote

Glorified self promotion, put in a carputer Laughing http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=18219&highlight=carputer
Hokie-Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket in dash radios? - Planning an install Reply with quote

05 Vegas MPV wrote:
Glorified self promotion, put in a carputer Laughing http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=18219&highlight=carputer

Very nice setup! Although it does seem a bit overkill for what I'm after. Very Happy

I'm looking more in the lines of this Pioneer http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DPX502B/Kenwood-DPX502BT.html?tp=5684 which I can purchase it and the adapters and harness for under $200, which is what a Chrysler dealer offered me for my MPV 3 weeks ago. Laughing

dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: