MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

100000 mile report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csjames

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: 100000 mile report. Reply with quote

Our 05 is just about to hit 160000 kilometres since we bought it new back in 2005. In this time, the car is on to its third set of tyres, third battery, 5 coil packs replaced, PCV hose replaced and has never let us down. (except for dead batteries).

In this time, the car has taught two teenagers to drive responsibly, brought home a brand new baby back in 05 hence needing to buy a people mover, son had a minor accident with front left a bit wonky, had two baseballs hit the car leaving nice dents not fixed, been backed into the side by a moron needing a week in the body shop and plenty of family trips up and down the east coast of Australia.

Best car for the money when we bought it back in 05 and still drives great. Fuel consumption average of about 14 litres per hundred kilometres which now isn't good.

Have done a lot of DIY work on this car that I had not in my previous cars and taught the two teenagers how to change oil, filter and brake pads.

We will hang on to the MPV for the foreseeable future with some thought in converting to a camper van.

MPV05, you have been a great friend and trusted member of the James family.

2004 MPV, Sunlight Silver Metallic. Right Hand Drive. Australia. 1996 Mitsubishi Magna V6.
mpvinnig
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: 100000 mile report. Reply with quote

I'd say the same too, I am currently doing 185,000 miles
revolver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 100000 mile report. Reply with quote

That's very reliable for you CSJames, nice!

Our 2002 MPV is approaching at 170k without much hassle. Its just great alternative and hauling ride for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: