MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

PS fluid easy drain & fill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manitoba MPV
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: PS fluid easy drain & fill Reply with quote

On the 5, from the small reservoir you add power steering fluid to, a rubber hose runs to a larger reservoir on the pump and then from there another rubber hose runs to a steel pipe that runs to the steering rack.

I disconnected the rubber hose where it connects to the steel pipe, and was able to drain about half a litre of power steering fluid.

Refilled with AMSOIL ATF.

It's easy to do from underneath whenever the skid plate is off, so I plan to continue whenever I do an oil change. I'm not sure what the capacity is, but at some point I'll get close to 100% synthetic fluid.

Synthetic PS fluid is desirable here in the winter - can save a popped hose due to the extremely high pressure that can build up with conventional fluid.

So far I am finding maintenance on this vehicle extremely easy.

Manitoba MPV

'82 GLC 1.5 5-speed ('82 - '95); '79 GLC Sport 1.4 5-speed ('87 - '89); '85 626 2.0 5-speed ('97 - '05); '90 MPV 2WD 2.6 5-speed ('96 - '01); '95 Bawngo GL Super 9 pass 2.0 5-speed ('03 - '04); '97 AllSport 2WD 3.0 auto ('01 - ?); '01 Protege 1.6 5-speed ('05 - '13); '09 Mazda 5 GT 5-speed ('13 - ?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: