MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

polyurethane bushings use them or not
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joeinoc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: polyurethane bushings use them or not Reply with quote

I used the above referenced bushings on my rack and pinion replacement, but now have occasional popping noise upon turning. Mechanic put it on the rack and it appears the rack moves ever so slightly when turned, less than a 1/8 inch, They say its tight, and will break in. These bushings are a hell of a sight harder that the rubber that they replaced. Dam near everythins is rebuilt on the front end, rack, LCA, struts, strut mounts, tires

Im inclined to believe them, but if this is SOP, im not going to use them on the sway bar or end links.

Is it just me, anyone with similar experience.

Thanks
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: polyurethane bushings use them or not Reply with quote

I have poly stuff in the rear, squeaks is annoying, when they say with time meaning either it's stretching which is kind of a meh answer or they are eventually going to shave the impacted areas off
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: