MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

'97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: '97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice? Reply with quote

My muffler just snapped off and needs repair. Any suggestions or things I should look out for when I go to the muffler shop (ie., Does the MPV have a stainless exhaust? or Should I stick with the stock system?) I don't know

Any help appreciated.

Q-man

'97 MPV All-sport 4x4
GEN1HAWAII
MPVClub Addict
GEN1 Gear Head
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: '97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice? Reply with quote

ALOHA Q-MAN,

IS THERE A "PERFORMANCE EXHAUST" SHOP IN THE NEIGBORHOOD? THEY ARE ABLE TO INSTALL A FREE-ER FLOWING EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR ABOUT THE SAME MONEY AN OEM SYSTEM WOULD COST. CHECK THEIR REPUTATION BEFORE MAKING THE INVESTMENT.
Cool

GEN-1-MPV~ GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!! BEYOND 60 AND COUNTING...I don't claim to be a "know-it-all". I only know what I have experienced on the MPV. I have owned a few, and have fixed a few, but everyday I learn something new.
rpieper
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: '97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice? Reply with quote

Further question for the group...
My 98 needs muffler repair. The center pipe over the rear axle rusted through and there is too much rust on the pipe to add a sleeve and weld it to seal it up. Both mufflers are solid but.
Meineke quoted $500 to replace the center muffler and pipes (80 of that is labor).
I have googled for online listing for parts but no success. Any one have a good source?? If I can get parts I can install it myself.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

98 White ES AllSport 86K and loving it
95 White Honda Accord 168K - Son hijacked it for himself
92 Black Volvo 240 275K and died of a brain fry
GEN1HAWAII
MPVClub Addict
GEN1 Gear Head
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: '97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice? Reply with quote

ALOHA RPEIPER-

STAY AWAY FROM MEINEKE, MIDAS AND OTHER BIG NAME MUFFLER SHOPS. FIND A LOCAL MOM-POP SHOP TO REPLACE "ONLY WHAT IS NEEDED". IT CAN BE DONE- FOR A LOT LESS THAN THE BIG GUYS.

DIY? YOUR LOCAL AUTO PARTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A REPLACEMENT PIPE- ALTHOUGH IT MAY HAVE A MUFFLER ATTACHED TO IT. DIY-ING A MUFFLER/PIPE SHOULD STILL BE LESS THAN $500. "CHECKERS" AND EQ AUTO PARTS STORES HAVE LENGTHS OF PIPE AND ATTACHMENTS FOR THE DIY-ER.

Mr. Green

GEN-1-MPV~ GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!! BEYOND 60 AND COUNTING...I don't claim to be a "know-it-all". I only know what I have experienced on the MPV. I have owned a few, and have fixed a few, but everyday I learn something new.
DavidMPV

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: '97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice? Reply with quote

Hello all:
I replaced my 92 MPV6 middle section muffler back in 2000. Ordered OEM from local Mazda and they cost me around $185. Perfect matched, just removed couple bolt and they should go on easily. You can reused the old Hi Temp gasket if they are not broken.
$500 to replace it! it is kind of high per Gen1Hawaii. I agreed.
I also found a place on line that sale Mazda muffler, the address is attached. I have not ordered from this site yet. If you do let us know how it is come out.
http://www.all-catalytic-converters.com/
Just wonder, is it first MPV generation shared the same exhaust system? as far as configuration lay-out? Gen1Hawaii, can you clarify this. Thanks and
Good luck Smile

1992 White MPV6-2WD, 217000 miles (original owner DOP 11/4/1991)
1992 Acura Integra GSR 1.7L 5sp, 337000 miles, original owner (daily driven 130 miles round trip)
2K3 Acura TL type S, V6 3.2L, 81000 miles (Gone)
2K7 MB E350 With Sport Package, 7500 miles
GEN1HAWAII
MPVClub Addict
GEN1 Gear Head
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: '97 Allsport needs a new exhaust - Any Advice? Reply with quote

DavidNPV wrote:
...Just wonder, is it first MPV generation shared the same exhaust system? as far as configuration lay-out? Gen1Hawaii, can you clarify this... Smile

ALOHA-
I THINK SO. GOTTA CRAWL UNDER ONE AND MAKE SURE. THE LAY-OUT SHOULD BE SAME BECAUSE THEY BOTH SHARE THE SAME FLOORPAN. MAZDA MAY HAVE CHANGED THE TAIL-PIPE/RESONATOR.

Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: