MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

MAZDA Washu
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

MAZDA Washu
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]

mazda_washu.jpg

mazda_washu.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 547 time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rowdy1
MPVClub Preacher
Can I get a "Zoom-Zoom"
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

I kind of like the look. Although it's a little ahead of its time.
rowdy1
'02 Mazda MPV ES (Silver)
*loaded w/ Rosen Clearview DVD System
'99 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD (Burgundy)
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

It somehow reminds me of a cross between the New Beetle and the Taurus/Sable wagon of a few years back.

Looking at the picture, I first thought the rear doors were "suicide doors" (hinged at the rear). But according to the text in the article, "Access to the rear seats is via airliner-style doors that first open out and away from the vehicle, and then slide back." Is that similar to the sliding doors on a typical mini-van? I guess I have not studied airline doors closely enough to see how they are different from other types of doors.

[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Airline door are not sliders, rather arm which "pokes" them out and than moves them to the side. I guess it was the only chance as they have not enough space in the back to do sliders Wink.

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Oh I found more pictures so I made animations from them ....

anim_dash.gif

anim_dash.gif - File downloaded or viewed 489 time(s)

anim_back.gif

anim_back.gif - File downloaded or viewed 491 time(s)

anim_side.gif

anim_side.gif - File downloaded or viewed 484 time(s)

anim_front.gif

anim_front.gif - File downloaded or viewed 490 time(s)

lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

and one more, this will explain the airplain door

anim_seats.gif

anim_seats.gif - File downloaded or viewed 471 time(s)

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

I could definitely live w/this vehicle. I heard it's supposed to have: 3.5L V6 (I assume 240+hp), AWD (OH YES!!), a possible available common-rail turbo-diesel, and I thought I saw a press write-up that the 2nd row seats swivel, in addition to having fore/aft movement.

I really dig the 'Swiss Army Knife' versatility. Pray this one happens, I do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaddyinKC
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Reminds me of the new Nissan Quest.

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=2319
rowdy1
MPVClub Preacher
Can I get a "Zoom-Zoom"
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

The rear reminds me of the Aztec, which I'm not a big fan of. However, I like how it is accessed.
rowdy1
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Not nearly enough gratuitous plastic cladding for that I fear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rowdy1
MPVClub Preacher
Can I get a "Zoom-Zoom"
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Yeah, you're right about that java, but I just meant the shape of it.
rowdy1
TeamEskimo
MPVClub Preacher
Yer walkin' the plank!
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

I like it! (Thanks for the animations Lazyfox) Especially if it came with a turbodiesel option - I'd be all over that...

Seems to me that, while ultra-cool, the way the back is accessed would cause back pain for some when loading, as you can't stand quite as close to the cargo area as in a more conventional design...

Might be worth it though, just for the coolness factor. Cool

Brent

2002 Sunlight Silver LX - 63,000 miles - 4 Seasons, Luxury, Security Packages, Rear Air, Cassette, Roof Rack, Step Plate and Cargo Net
'03 Dodge Neon SXT - 84,000 miles
'98 Chevy Suburban Diesel 4x4 - 158,000 miles, 6300 lbs, 23 mpg - Big rig!
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Right now, I'm thinking my next vehicle (my daily driver) will have to be something that's NOT a sedan. I'm currently wishing my 850 were a wagon and not a sedan, b/c it has so little cargo space, what w/the dual-8" subs back there. Wink

So, something like the Washu would be right up my alley, esp if it had seating for six. I don't need seating for 7, even in the MPV, except on a really rare occasion, and the 'wagonish' body style of the Washu would work for me. The dash idea is, admitedly, a bit outlandish and I don't see how it could really work long-term... but the styling is decent (I agree on the back end comment tho Rowdy) and the interior layout is great... love the greenhouse as well.

I'd have to really weigh the options if it were between a Mazda6 Wagon (MPS, of course) or this rig, I think. Or an Audi A6 2.7t. Or a Volvo V70R...
Medicineman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

I think this one is kinda ugly, but that's just MHO. I like the seating arrangement, but the dashboard layout (and movement) looks a little bizarre.

I doubt that any production version would look too much like this prototype or have that dash layout, though.

Garrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jintegra
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA Washu Reply with quote

Hmm, I think this concept has a lot of promise & the styling can easily be beautified somewhat by adding of a chin to the front bumper (does anybody else think the bottom part of the front bumper looks like that of a late 80s RX-7 or is it just me?) . I'll take this over the Quest or Aztec any day. Btw, won't the sliding rear doors obstruct the opening of the rear roof?
Jae
02 Silver MPV LX + rear a/c + bumper step plate + convex mirror + Yak rack + bug deflector + rustproofing + 15 hp decals!
04 Green Accord EX-L 5MT
95 Red Integra LS 5MT ... SOLD! ... but not forgotten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: