MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

New alternator for 06 Mazda5?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scurvydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: New alternator for 06 Mazda5? Reply with quote

My wife took the 06 Mazda5 to work and it died as she pulled up - power steering, brakes and total battery/electrical.

This morning I boosted it and within a minute it died again. I checked and all fuses are fine. Is this an alternator problem?

I called a local garage (I'd have to have the car towed to it) and he has an alternator for Mazda3s and 6s -- is this the same part for my 5?!?

Please any insights or suggestions would be great.

Cheers,
Mat
jeffguitars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New alternator for 06 Mazda5? Reply with quote

I guess you need to check your battery or your alternator if they are in working, or maybe you need a Mazda 5 Alternator - Replacement - OE replacement.
My online
Scurvydog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: New alternator for 06 Mazda5? Reply with quote

Thanks - the local garage yesterday confirmed its the alternator that's dead. Only issue is I live in Vietnam and he says it'll take 3 weeks to get one delivered here (and I pay shipping and import tax!).

I have a friend flying to Vietnam from Ottawa, Canada in two days - any suggestions on best place to get a replacement alternator for 2006 Mazda5? I e-mailed my dealer but haven't heard back.

Are OEM options available? Do they fit and work as well as official Mazda alternator? Anyone from Ottawa who can recommend a shop with in-stock alternators??

Thanks for any quick feedback...
kacuina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: New alternator for 06 Mazda5? Reply with quote

maybe you need a Mazda 5 Alternator...

the_saint
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: New alternator for 06 Mazda5? Reply with quote

Not sure if you've gotten this resolved yet or not, but is it possible for the alternator to be rebuilt? This may be a cheaper and more viable option for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: