MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

does Ford ESP make sense for $2000?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superstrings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: does Ford ESP make sense for $2000? Reply with quote

Hi,
just registered here. I bought a Mazda 5 three weeks ago, and with it bought a Ford ESP for $2000. I can get this refunded within a month if I cancel the plan. The plan covers all standard maintenance (oil changes, 30K, 60 service etc) and also regular wear-and-tear (e.g. brake pads and wipers, but not tires). The plan is limited to 6 years or 100K miles, whichever is lesser, and a maximum of 20 servicings. Is this a good deal?

Being an Excel hound, I made a spreadsheet (see attached). Assuming I will drive ~1300 miles per month, it turns out that I will spend ~1635$ by the time I hit 100K miles. I lose even more if I drive less than this. Plus, I have to take the car to a dealer for the servicings.

What do you think? Would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks!
--Dan

Mazda ESP.pdf - 144.12 KB
File downloaded or viewed 874 time(s)

Jipster
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: does Ford ESP make sense for $2000? Reply with quote

Uhh, this may be a little late, but I'd cancel that plan. Not worth it.
2004 MPV LX (Plus Pkg, Traction and Airbag Pkg, All Sport Pkg, Roof Rack, 108k miles) Cosmic Sand
1999 Buick Regal LS (Leather Pkg, auto climate control,alloys, 124,000 miles) Desert Sand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: