MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Ok I've been lazy posting this up....but finally i got my self a HID Projector Retro-fit as you guys know i had the HID on my van but on a halogen housing.....it was bright but the light output was scattered and everywhere and the i had some hot spots on a weird location. So by having the projectors should be the proper way to have the HID set-up

I contact Rich of Hid Illuzions in New York (thanks to one member as well ChaseNY) to build my Retro-fit, they're good and well experience guys, lots of e-mailing back and forth lots of info swapping aswell....

so i end up with having: FX-R Bi Zenon Projectors with clear lens mod ( which gives it a much clear and crisp cut off lines with a blue tinge on the edge )
Cayenne Shrouds with frost tip
Gen 3 Matshusita Ballast
Phillips D2S 4300K Zenon bulbs

the light output is nice and even with FX-R its one of the widest beam out there.. and i did not loose my DRL as well like most newer Mercedes.

here some pics i'm still figuring out some night shots so the ones i got are crappy ones but i will post some recent night shots

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers

Last edited by ARJOSHUA on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Sweet man! I'm a huge projector fan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of those that install HID's in non HID housings, but those look like they came out pretty good. Glad to went with the retrofit route. Any shots of the making?

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
Malvado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Looks Great...

If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

@ 2003MPV-LX no i dont have the step by step pictures but Hid Illusionz had a blog about my Projector Retro-fit

http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2009/10/mazda-mpv-fx-r-cayenne-hid-projector.html

@Malvado pricing is all depending on your set-up mine was just a simple bi-zenon projector some guys add some led lighting like the audi's some colour their housing it all depends on your set-up....with mine cost me $870 USD thats including the 2 ballast and the bulbs and i believe that its worth every penny.

check hidillusionz.com to get more info these guys are great.

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

SO you can send them a set of headlights and they will retrofit them?

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

yes you can send your headlights to them...but in my case my van is my daily driver and cant have any down time, so i told them to get me a another set of headlights thats why i paid extra for it....once you contact Rich there will be lots of e-mailing back and forth he will walk you through it and what is best for your retro fit and by the way the turnaround is fast....overall i'm happy with this project.

2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Cool....

Malvado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Just wondering how you managed to keep your DRL?

Did yo have it rewired?
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

the kit came with a digital module i believe that the module (black box)controls the ballasts and the igniters, because it was just a straight install no extra wirings.....not like my old HID set-up on halogen housing Rolling Eyes i lost my DRL and have to rewire it to my fogs. The old set-up could not handle the low wattage of the DRL so it would flicker.

DRL was my concern also but with this set-up i was glad that i didnt loose my DRL...

ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

added pics just showing how clear and crisp the cut off line with the clear lens modification of the projector..the low beam cut-off height does not go above a vehicles rear tail lights..

low beam

high beam

Options

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Looks good man. Rich did my retro a couple of years ago when he co-owned Custom Lightz.

He also did the Honda S2K projector retro on my Integra.

2004 MPV ES, Tsunami Blue Mica, Tein S-Tech, Rays G-Games 99B 19x8.5 +40, 245/40R19 Falken FK-452, OEM Remote Start, OEM Sirius Satellite Radio Kit, Weathertech Smoked Visors, HID retrofitted headlights with FX35/TSX Bi-Xenon Hybrid Projectors, Philips 85122+ Bulbs, and Denso Slim Ballasts.
espacenewbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

Very sweet. Are they in Brooklyn? I think I contacted them when I first bought my '03 van. However I did not go through with it. But now the van is 7 years old and personally I cannot justify spending close to a grand when my van is only worth $6000.00 Sad. Now if I had an '03 luxury vehicle, that might be another story Very Happy.

I think there is another similar shop in Richmond, Virginia doing similar work.

Thumb up on your mod though thumbsup
initial_d2k
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Finally my HID Projector Retro-fit Reply with quote

very nice alex!
im still working on it ...
technically one side is done.. but i just never got the chance to work on the 2nd one..

as a final step, i still need to swap the OEM lenses on my JDM ones..

anyway! GREAT upgrade! Hope will finish mine... before the van get sold or something Crying or Very sad

The van IS getting old and lotta problems are surfacing.. Rolling Eyes

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418929/
'03 MPV LX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: