MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

The Suggestion Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nls
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Going off-topic is fine, as long as there is something in the reply which is pertinent. If the entire reply is just for the sake of posting something, then perhaps there should be a topic just for that, and they should avoid the ones where people are asking serious questions and expect helpful answers. I have gotten a lot of good answers and good information, it is just that some of them turn me off because of their total irrelevance.
TeamEskimo
MPVClub Preacher
Yer walkin' the plank!
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Well, like LF said, being a relatively friendly bunch that don't generally resort to flaming (and self-police pretty well) the moderators allow us a little leeway from usual forum rules. Often off-topic comments are intended to either try and lighten the situation or just be friendly in a kidding around sort of way. I agree with LF in that usually the serious answers come before the off topic, as we DO take your problem seriously. On the rare occasion where we have swerved too far from the topic, the moderators will either steer us straight or direct us to go somewhere else...

Personally for the friendliness of this forum, I'll put up with some off topic banter... I don't know It's one of the reason's I'd rather ask a question pertaining to my Neon here (in the Off-topic forum of course) then over on Neons.org. You don't feel the love over there... Wink

I stick with the "view unread posts" method myself, as I find the email notifications too distracting for everyday use...

Brent

2002 Sunlight Silver LX - 63,000 miles - 4 Seasons, Luxury, Security Packages, Rear Air, Cassette, Roof Rack, Step Plate and Cargo Net
'03 Dodge Neon SXT - 84,000 miles
'98 Chevy Suburban Diesel 4x4 - 158,000 miles, 6300 lbs, 23 mpg - Big rig!
nls
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Okay, point taken. I will give that method a try, and see if that avoids going through the needless posts.

Maybe this question has already been asked and answered, but is there an easy way to print out just the posts, without all the other graphic information? Would be nice to take it to the dealer, to tell them exactly what the problem is, and what they should do! I tried the brute force cut and paste method, but it was too time consuming.
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

nls wrote:
Maybe this question has already been asked and answered, but is there an easy way to print out just the posts, without all the other graphic information?
Only option is to turn off image and background printing in your browser print setup. Other way could be to use proxomitron to use as a local proxy and put together custom filter to filter only the text of posts (would take some time of course).
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

I will admit to many a hijacked topic for socializing but never just for the sake of posting (most of the time Wink )

nls, I use to use the email notification a lot too, but eventually left it to checking for unread threads. It is much more easier to look for the topics that I needed an answer for. If it's a very specific question, like everyone said and I hope you noticed, we do try to get the answers out before we go OT.

I'd rather club members go OT in a friendly way than go off in a tangent of flaming rants, but totally understand about getting so many email notifications that don't address the original post. I say turn it off unless you see a need (like you know you'll be gone for awhile the unread posts list will become daunting and having the email notifications will help).

HTH

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
nls
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Switching to a new topic, does this forum have any clout with Mazda in terms of getting them to at least acknowledge that there are design issues, etc.? Or does it open up a can of worms as far as they are concernced, and they would rather stay out of it? I see a lot of folks here who swear that they will never buy another Mazda again, and I am in that kind of mood myself right now - does it even register at Mazda, or are they pretty much oblivious to the whole thing?
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

It seems like they do not care much (one would get that impression), thought some people had some luck dealer or Mazda to cover some things out of warranty or help to replace thing here and there.

On other hand, there are disc brakes on the rear and the bumper step plate was redesigned on the new models, so there seems to be someone who is looking into things. Also looks like the new MPVs have different transmissions as well (still JATCO thought).

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

It's hard to say how much input this particular community has had in redesigns since '00. Maybe JD could hint as to the possible contributions we may or may not have had? It'd be nice if car makers took the opinions of the owners in consideration and not just from the surveys but from places like this where owners tend to be more honest about their opinions. Hey, it saves them money from having to process the surveys or paying for focus groups. Owners love to let 'em know what they think.

People who swear off a vehicle can do it for more reasons than just the problems they encountered with the vehicle itself. Many times it is the dealer or service dept. that's the last straw which can be unfortunate for the maker since the dealership experience can vary wildly at times although the actual product is not as bad and pretty stable overall.

It's one reason we always suggest to contact Mazda North America when your dealership/service dept. is not treating you right. At least it will raise a red flag at Mazda headquarters a lot faster than someone just not going back to the brand.

But brand loyalty is also more complex than just having zero problems. A lot of Mazda loyalists are willing to put up with the known problems because the Mazda brand fits their own ideas of what cars should be like (zoom-zoom) in this case.

And of course, it only takes a real bad experience for someone (regardless if it happens to many others or not) to make them really not like a brand anymore.

nls, sorry it's not working for you and others hope you can find solutions to the problems or find a make that suits you better. You're still welcome to rant and be OT around here though whether you stay with Mazda or not.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

If you haven't noticed, part of the spirit of MPVClub.com is the open willingness from the members to try and help fellow members out. There will always be times when an answer is known, but the members will almost always offer suggestions and assistance, rather than flame or bash others.

Having said that, it's easy to get OT in a thread, with everyone being willing to help out. If you think a thread is getting OT, let one of the moderators of that particular board know about it. Chances are, though, that the members usually gather themselves on their own and intervention from a moderator isn't needed.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Jipster
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

I asked this a couple weeks ago in another topic but didn't get a reply. Came across "The Suggestion Box" today, so here it is again...How about a seperate discussion for tires? Could include alignments, tire problems, OEM tires, replacement tires, dealers..etc.
2004 MPV LX (Plus Pkg, Traction and Airbag Pkg, All Sport Pkg, Roof Rack, 108k miles) Cosmic Sand
1999 Buick Regal LS (Leather Pkg, auto climate control,alloys, 124,000 miles) Desert Sand
mikebai1990
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

a separate discussion for tires would be nice b/c there are often people that have problems with tire balancing, tire reviews, and tire problems.
2005 MPV LX+ Package, Black Mica, Traction Control, Side Airbags, Wheel Locks, Roof Rack

1993 Acura Vigor GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikebai1990

nls
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Would it be possible to direct people starting new threads to the SEARCH function before they can post? This would avoid a lot of repeat threads, and redirecting new posters to the old threads. Could be something as simple as a pop-up message which asks "Have you tried searching the forums ...." and expect a Yes answer. Or something more advanced, which automatically searches the forums for the words in the title and comes up with relevant topics/posts.
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Jipster wrote:
I asked this a couple weeks ago in another topic but didn't get a reply. Came across "The Suggestion Box" today, so here it is again...How about a seperate discussion for tires? Could include alignments, tire problems, OEM tires, replacement tires, dealers..etc.

I would extend it to tires and wheels as well, so we do not have too many categories. Think would be worth it than to move few old threads iin it.

vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:
Jipster wrote:

I would extend it to tires and wheels as well, so we do not have too many categories. Think would be worth it than to move few old threads iin it.
"Suspension" with subtitle "tires, rims, alignment, shocks/struts, and places/dealers".
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Jipster wrote:

Ok, I have created the "Suspension" forums for MPV and Mazda5. Sorry it took so long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: