MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

The Suggestion Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Alex, can we segregate latest auto news out of the Off Topic forum with a New Auto Technologies Forum please - under General Discussions. I am always searching for new engineering info on future engines and future models, scoop pics etc. It will be a general forum for new cars, new engineering such as hybrids, turbo diesels, ethanol blended fuels etc. and future models.

Any other support for this kind of data being separated?

Kiwimpv

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Interesting idea, Graeme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

To fix all bad cross link URLS in [] img references, could Alex run a batch file to search and replace all http://www.mpvclub/forum/.... with http://forum.mpvclub/... inside the old posts - even page and search references posted as URL's would be fixed as well.

Graeme

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
Alex, can we segregate latest auto news out of the Off Topic forum with a New Auto Technologies Forum please - under General Discussions. I am always searching for new engineering info on future engines and future models, scoop pics etc. It will be a general forum for new cars, new engineering such as hybrids, turbo diesels, ethanol blended fuels etc. and future models.

Any other support for this kind of data being separated?

Kiwimpv

I like the idea Kiwi, it is a common area of interest for many auto buffs.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
To fix all bad cross link URLS in [] img references, could Alex run a batch file to search and replace all http://www.mpvclub/forum/.... with http://forum.mpvclub/... inside the old posts - even page and search references posted as URL's would be fixed as well.

Graeme,

I just did that. Now the old www.mpvclub.com/forum links should point to forum.mpvclub.com instead. Good suggestion. Thanks
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:

Just created the New Auto Technologies forum here: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewforum.php?f=32

We'll transfer the corresponding Off Topic threads as we go. Any volunteers for that task?
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Kiwimpv wrote:

Just created the New Auto Technologies forum here: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewforum.php?f=32

We'll transfer the corresponding Off Topic threads as we go. Any volunteers for that task?

Happy to help out in anyway I can.

Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Oh thanks a heap Alex, I must use it sometime soon - I mean the new Forum and i may be able to find some of my old posts and recreate them.

I do have another private job to do at home in the next week to burn 4000 photos onto 20 DVD's for last winter's rugby season regioanl rep games my boy played in.

It takes time to find time in between running a Summer Soccer league with 400 players and 7-aside teams. It was all new this year "New Mangement!" Wink and new systems and one big spreadsheet... for the 4 different divisions, game scores, game points, and Good Sportsmanship points devised and recorded as well. we are having the finals this friday night after the other two rounds in the Finals Tournament. Have 12 trophies and 28 certificates to hand out...

But after the next two weeks, i could begin poitning out previous posts and responses esoecially complete threads that could be transferred...

I have just got on at 10:30, 25 mins ago and am tired after a long bike ride home in the country over small hills. Cheers guys - this is some serious good news with Alex able to come back on board for an hour or two or three... many thanks for your time Alex.

Oh and thanks for running the batch file Smile

Kiwimpv

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
this is some serious good news with Alex able to come back on board for an hour or two or three... many thanks for your time Alex.

Sorry for being absent recently. A lot is going on here, including a new baby that was born Feb 8 Smile

Our newborn son Dmitry...
Dima2.jpg

Dima2.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 312 time(s)

vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Sorry for being absent recently. A lot is going on here, including a new baby that was born Feb 8 Smile
Ahhh....congrats on the new addition!
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Remember those "newborn" times so well, mind you for us the last was almost 7 years ago now.

Many congratulations Alex, one beautiful son there.

Take plenty of time to enjoy them when they are so young. As most say it always goes too fast.

Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Hey that's a great excuse for time off the internet!! Congrats Alex and DW - a lovely son for you... so much more valuable the thank-yous from the Club!! Brian and Dan will surely find it that much more relaxing not to have to come and do so much cleaning around the database and unwanted posts.

Again - CONGRATS!!

Graeme

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Oh BTW - I see this thread has just crept into the Top 10 of Most Active topics - 442 posts, just behind Blueprint on the move : we're building a new house !! at 445.

Its a pity it has had to be so "popular" because of the SPAM threats we have been facing Evil or Very Mad

Kiwimpv

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
shihkuang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Moving to a better Forum System? Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the right place to suggest.
^^ I am happy to meet all of you who have mpv too.

However, I think phpbb is a bit .. not user friendly.
My suggestion is to migrate to SMF (Simple Machines Forum).

Just an idea.. don't know if anyone has same feeling?

Good about SMF that Phpbb doesn't have (at least I don't see here)
1. Show unread posts since last visit.
2. Show new replies to your posts.
3. Show previous post when replying the topic.
4. template based.

I can try to help.

^^

Thanks,

Anthony

@@
weird.. I am getting:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

shihkuang - at least all of the first three issues are available in phpBB - at the top of the Forums Topics list (Threads hidden), just above and to the left all those items plus one are listed and while editing/replying etc scroll dowb below the edit window and you will find the previous posts on the same thread.

I often open a repeat window - another tab session and use the Search function there to help folks and to copy thread links or image links and post into the new post you are creating.

I find it very intuitive and easy to get around to Copy and Paste, to Search etc, etc.

Yes every now and then, the servers have problems with the code and that seems a nerw error to me too...

Cheers Wink

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: