MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

The Suggestion Box
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beachnut
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

I'm creating this topic hopefully to help Alex in the future with any feature requests or enhancements that folks might like to see on this forum. This way he can have one place to look for such requests instead of them being spread out over a bunch of different threads. As long as he doesn't mind (he is the Admin afterall) I've made this thread "sticky" as well. Have fun kids ... oh, and try not to give him too much - he needs to sleep too! Very Happy
Scott
'03 MPV LX/GFX Midnight Blue
'98 Volvo V70 T5
Beachnut
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Ok, I guess I'll go first Big Laugh

Alex, can you make the "Mark All Read" link on the new topics listing take you straight to the forum main page? See, not so bad ... Very Happy

Scott
'98 Volvo V70 T5
daveorama
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

OK, here's one. It may not be feasible due to space constraints, or the time required, or just space-time in general...

A "maintenance" area where a member could track when they did what to their MPV. You know, oil change on 1/1/01 at 3,023 miles, new timing belt 2/2/02 @ 144K miles, etc. (or "Klasse'd on 10/1/02, 11/1/02, 12/1/02 for all you OCD-ers!) Also could store your VIN so it is always handy. Mymazda.com has something similar but it is clunky and annoying to use.

Since users need to log in anyway I don't think security would be a problem. Any thoughts?
compac
the Blue Ridge Mnts. Va

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Do we still have the feature that would show the last ... 10 or so replys / posts anywhere on the forum?

I would use it to see what was new across the whole club area. Then i'd go to the theads that were of interest.

I could not find it. I think others might use that feature too.

Toyota Sienna xle '08 17" alloy wheels, fog lamps, & tow prep, 2" class 3 hitch, 6 cd changer w/ AUX input, roof rack, power doors & tail gate, split rear seats... but no ZoomZoom see ya on http://siennachat.com

x-owner, '03 MPV LX, All seasons, power doors, side airbags, rear air, 6disk cd, roof rack, Coastal Blue, mud flaps Exclamation
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

compac 1882 wrote:
Do we still have the feature that would show the last ... 10 or so replys / posts anywhere on the forum?

On the forum index page look at the upper right corner of the screen right above the forum list. You'll find "View unread posts", "View posts since last visit" and other links that will do that for you...
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

daveorama wrote:
A "maintenance" area where a member could track when they did what to their MPV.

That's a good suggestion. Actually that's something I've been pondering on for quite some time now. If you look at this post - http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=940 - you will see that similar ideas were expressed. It's not something very easy to do, so I just didn't have time to get down to it. But that's something I would really want to do eventually.
Beachnut
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Ok, here's another one Alex Very Happy . When you post a link and use the method of embedding the url into a word (or phrase), is it possible to have that word automatically appear as a standard html link, in blue and underlined? It's hard to tell there's a link because of the background colors of the forum page. I know you can change the font, color, and even underline the word, but that's just too much tagging.
Scott
'98 Volvo V70 T5
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

I bold mine like this

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Beachnut wrote:
... is it possible to have that word automatically appear as a standard html link, in blue and underlined?

OK, done...
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Alex,

Since I am a newbie and haven't all the time in the world - I do have to work sometimes, but this site is a bit of a trap... Embarassed

Can you have a Print Topic List button at the top - I know, I know, I should read them all... Shocked

There are 300+ topics in the 89-98 MPV forum, (16 pgs @ 22/pg) and of that, at 60 lines/pge for pica10 but improved with 8, then it may only be 5 pages long to format for printing and halved if it could have two columns/pge...

Looks like a fair bit of code work to format a print buffer file but is it possible Question

Please? Sad

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Previous post is redundant when you consider using the Search function...

But wondering if when in the Forum mode with list of topics, if the first post date of the original topic could be displayed in another column beside the originator - only needs to be month/day/XX format - just a thought...

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box - Search for member plus attachment Reply with quote

Alex...

Would it be a helpful addition to the Search function for a member with posts that have attachments? - if anyone else agrees?
Or member and Non MPVClub link att?
Or member and MPVClub link att?
And a date range for any search - sorry, they are all edits and re-engineering that takes a lot of time... Sad
<edit> Ooops Embarassed i just rechecked and there is a date range going backwards... </edit>

Just a few thoughts Wink

PS I hope your vacation had some more memorable moments and happy motoring hehe! Very Happy :8

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Charlie's Dad
2 - Carseat Family

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Very Happy Just a friendly suggestion....I think there should be a "Trophy Room" subject containing links to positive (and not so positive) publications, articles, etc. pertaining to the MPV. As Owners (and future sellers) of MPV's we should do what we can to boost the prestige (and value) of our choosen mark. Also I would like to see a fixed article within the website containing all History of the MPV, the History of the Engine, the stats of the vehicle. This would save us from having to pick thru articles or go to other sites to find this info....I think this is something most newbies and people considering a purchase of the MPV would appreciate.
'03 Silver LX - new
Roof Rack
Pwr Doors
Rear air
Step Plate
Aftermkts:
leather wheel
Mud guards
Ichibahn Dead Pedal (carbon fiber)
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

I know you are looking at upgrading the PhpBB software...

But Fox came up with a good link inside the club...

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewonline.php

That gives good info. Could you attach this link to the little flower icon beside the list of current site visitors at bottom of Forums page... now that one has to be easy... haha!

I have left it as a quick link on top of Opera below the banner...

Thanks...

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
I know you are looking at upgrading the PhpBB software...

But Fox came up with a good link inside the club...

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewonline.php

That gives good info. Could you attach this link to the little flower icon beside the list of current site visitors at bottom of Forums page... now that one has to be easy... haha!

I have left it as a quick link on top of Opera below the banner...

When you are on the main forum index page, notice the word "Who Is Online" on the bottom, just above the "flower icon". It is the hyperlink you just quoted Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: