MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Rental car roadtrip : Canadian Rockies !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueprint
MPVClub Addict
Still MPVClubbin'
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Rental car roadtrip : Canadian Rockies ! Reply with quote

Been away from the forums for quite a bit now...

Leaving for a business trip in Calgary next week, and prolonging it into an 8-day, driving marathon with dw (no dd's !!) to see the Rockies and Vancouver. Great hotel deals as we are off-season !

Planned route is : Calgary-Banff-Jasper-Vancouver-Whistler-Golden-Calgary. This figure-8 itinerary only doubles up on the Banff-Calgary section, crossing routes in Kamloops.

Rented a "Dodge Avenger or equivalent" for 30$ cdn/day, all inclusive, illimited km. Whatever it happens to be, I'll have around 2500 km of experience in it, so I'll report on it when I'm back. I rented from Thrifty and their fleet is about 70% Chrysler, 30% Toyota. I'm crossing my fingers for an awd upgrade as we may get snow in the mountains. I've always wanted to try a big LX car, but this is not the time for a rear-driver !

2012 Honda Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl, Truffle interior, oem acc: mudflaps, side mouldings, cargo net, cargo tray, steel wheels+tpms+LX covers for snow duty with Blizzaks WS70

2017 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron, black on black

Dearly departed : 2015 VW Golf TDI, 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S, 2003 Odyssey EX, 2004 Mazda MPV GS+GFX, 1999 CR-V, 2001.5 Passat, 1995 Civic, 1994 Tercel, 1986 Celica, 1986 Alliance, 1982 GLC, 1978 LeSabre, 1980 Corolla SR-5.
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rental car roadtrip : Canadian Rockies ! Reply with quote

so how did this go? not sure if you guys got hit but we had surprise snow last week.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Blueprint
MPVClub Addict
Still MPVClubbin'
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rental car roadtrip : Canadian Rockies ! Reply with quote

Back in the cube farm this morning, miss the big mountains already Sad !

Trip went well, but first couple of days were freezing (you don't expect -15C in mid-october). A snow squall resulted in the road to Banff being closed-off the night prior to us driving there. It was opened in the morning, but cars were still in the ditches, and joined by new ones thanks to abundant ice.

Luckily, I managed to ditch (at the airport) my initial rental car - a base Sentra with bald tires, no abs, no cruise and 2-speaker stereo. The replacement, for an extra 2.40$ per day, was a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL, V-6, black-on-black leather (heated leather), loaded Cool

We put 2700 km on that car, and despite plenty of hills and passing zones, it delivered a calculated 8.0 l/100 km, barely worse than my own Sentra on flat ground.

Pics to highlight the scenery will follow.

2012 Honda Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl, Truffle interior, oem acc: mudflaps, side mouldings, cargo net, cargo tray, steel wheels+tpms+LX covers for snow duty with Blizzaks WS70

2017 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron, black on black

Dearly departed : 2015 VW Golf TDI, 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S, 2003 Odyssey EX, 2004 Mazda MPV GS+GFX, 1999 CR-V, 2001.5 Passat, 1995 Civic, 1994 Tercel, 1986 Celica, 1986 Alliance, 1982 GLC, 1978 LeSabre, 1980 Corolla SR-5.
sky2lvy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Rental car roadtrip : Canadian Rockies ! Reply with quote

At the end of the conversation Zadorojny emphasized on the question of what he saw Guild Wars 2, three months after the launch, announcing plans from the beginning to listen to the players and their feedback to heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: