MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

01 LX in San Diego with 114K miles on it bought for $4500
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henway

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: 01 LX in San Diego with 114K miles on it bought for $4500 Reply with quote

It was leaking a bit of oil and SPECIFICALLY told them to buy a new oil pan (o-ring) to replace and paid for that out of my own wallet. They proceeded to just replace the gasket and leave it as it is. Grrrrrrr. They agreed that if it leaks in the next 6 months they will provide labor if I provide the new oil pan. Other than that, it's got cheapo Fisk tires and a brand new (small) battery. Someone put in a roof mounted LCD screen. There's a cheapo Pyle DVD player in the lower console that was professionally installed. They put in a new fuse into the fuseblock specifically for it. But the head unit doesn't seem to work. I will probably NEVER have people in the back watching a DVD, but nevertheless I feel compelled to make it work again. Or get something like this:
http://www.bizbooz.com/pyle-pldf147u-universal-mount-mobile-dvd-mpeg4-vcd-wma-cd-cd-r-cd.html?___store=default
for taking audiobooks on road trips (I can put them on SD).
I pulled out the third seat and made a 1/2 birch plywood cover and used the hinges for a nice sealable area. Will get some gray carpet to match the interior so it looks "factory"
Other than that, it doesn't seem to leak anything (except for a LOT of A/C condensate) and drives almost car-like (I'm used to my '93 Eurovan that shat its transmission, causing me to buy "Mippy") The transmission isn't super-smooth but it's an improvement. Hopefully I'll have many good miles with her. Don't know what major services have/have not been done. Suggestions?

2005 MPV LX 114K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: