MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Exotic Car Sighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

http://ferrari-news.com/2009/01/25/2009-ferrari-suv/

http://www.cannillomotorsports.com/pastinventory/laforza/laforza.htm

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Well I'll be. It was a La Forza! Good find, Brian! Not horribly impressive as an exotic, eh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Saw one of those "smart" cars in black with sliver trim and chrome wheels

Looks kinda like a mobile coffin Very Happy

2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
alschnertz
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Wow, Smart cars. They're pretty common around here these days.

I still have a hard time seeing one pass me on the highway - they look...unstable. I know they aren't, but the look that way to me. I think it is because the rear track is so much wider than the front track. Seen crash data and I guess they get a respectable rating, but still.

I don't see much practical use for them, and think the fuel mileage is only in the mid 40s which isn't much better than a Civic. I'd take the Civic.

'06 MPV-LX, '10 Mazda3;
'60 Volvo PV544, '68 122S, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40;
'84 Prelude;
'13 Ford Focus SE.
ctom3
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Andrew Tremeer wrote:
Madbrad wrote:
I didn't know Morgan ever did a 3 wheeler.

Way, way back just after WW1. Two front wheels one rear, all three not much larger than mountain bike tires.

Yeah, in fact they typically used an air cooled engine laid out like a vee twin motorcycle engine transversely mounted in front of the "radiator". Except there's no radiator. It was unusual to say the least, but beautiful in their own way. Man, I'd like to get a kidney bustin' ride in one of these. Take a look at the following link. http://www.rhinebecknationalmeet.com/morgans.html
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

While we're on the topic of 3 wheelers, I've seen quite a few of these on the road ...

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Andrew Tremeer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

[quote="vkc"]While we're on the topic of 3 wheelers, I've seen quite a few of these on the road ...

I've seen a few of those, seems more like a motorcycle than a car.

The really scary three wheelers are on the roads in Europe now, little things that look like a small hatchback with one front wheel centred under the motor. Front wheel drive to. The scary sight is watching them tilt on corners.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

alschnertz wrote:
Wow, Smart cars. They're pretty common around here these days.

I still have a hard time seeing one pass me on the highway - they look...unstable. I know they aren't, but the look that way to me. I think it is because the rear track is so much wider than the front track. Seen crash data and I guess they get a respectable rating, but still.

I don't see much practical use for them, and think the fuel mileage is only in the mid 40s which isn't much better than a Civic. I'd take the Civic.

The 'unfair' part about crash testing is that for smaller than average cars, impact testing isn't real-world comparable. In side impact testing for instance, the IIHS uses a 3,300lb deformable barrier, which impacts the car being tested. The average automobile now weighs almost 3700 lbs, which does not include vehicles in the 'light truck' category. So, imagine a Smart car being struck in the side by, say, a Jeep Grand Cherokee (4950lbs). That's a relatively light SUV. Smile

Like you, I'd take the Civic, but still pray that something bigger than me (most cars on the US roads), didn't smack me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

saw one of those mercedes sls today
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings

sls.jpg

sls.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 334 time(s)

Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

The 1st gen smart cars were diesels. I don't remember their fuel economy numbers but if they aren't better than 40 I would say they have failed in their objective. If they're 40 city then I find the idea of the smart car to be very well suited to urban driving where you need good maneuverability, low consumption while idling, the speeds don't get too high into dangerous territory like on a freeway, and possibly down the road, parking lots for tiny cars. You fit more cars in that way. I just find the styling too goofy.

And great eye on that SLS Novalight! Not something you see every day.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

saw my first Enzo on public road last week. A black one driving in a shopping center over the NY/CT border in Danbury, CT. curious how far away from other cars this one was parked.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

I was reading somewhere that smart will make an electric version. Here in hawaii electric cars are quite popular, Street legal golf carts are all over town. with the high price of gas and living in the middle of the ocean.
Andrew Tremeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Not exactly exotic but I saw a LADA the other day, one of the little SUV like ones. Fairly rare in North America.
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Andrew Tremeer wrote:
Not exactly exotic but I saw a LADA the other day, one of the little SUV like ones. Fairly rare in North America.

You must mean the Niva. Was pretty common around here in its day.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Saw those new FIATs at the dealers, they look like swollen smarts Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: