MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Exotic Car Sighting
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Last weekend a Porsche 959 in the backroads of Bedford, NY. Didn't realize they federalized them and this one looked like the real McCoy - not a replicate.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Jerry Seinfeld all bought one of these, and were 'allowed' to have them here in the US, prior to the so-called "Show and Display" law which allows 'vehicles of interest' to be allowed to be imported, in very small numbers, for very limited use on the roads.

How sure are you that it's not a replica? There are many 959 replicas out there, is all I'm saying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Tough question to answer J/D. A lot of the replicas were built on 911 platform....heck even the Fiero platform when they first came out. Considering the only other 959 I saw in person was in Europe and that was a while ago, few things keyed me off: ground clearance and overall height (its surprisingly low to the ground); the wheels/rims (they're not souped up big fat wheels but they're pretty pricey from what I understand); the location of the air intake on the rear cowling (few kits get it right).

So really subjective - I could be wrong. btw, there are folks in the sighting 'hood who can easily afford this. A number of them have "collections". Ralph Lauren being one of them.....

(btw, I was in the MPV with this sighting [hehe....])

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

anyone catch a "smart" on the road

Smart = Sardine Can

2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

novalight wrote:

Smart = Sardine Can

I've acutally seen a few locally.

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

2003MPV-LX wrote:
novalight wrote:

Smart = Sardine Can

Its a pity the ForFour and Couple didn't make it to the States. These probably would've done better here. 3 cylinder engine *and* premium fuel required for the existing ForTwo, plus the relatively high price, can be a killer.

Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

2003MPV-LX wrote:
novalight wrote:

Smart = Sardine Can

Same here. More than I expected, actually.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

novalight wrote:

Smart = Sardine Can

I'm surprised by how many of those that I do see. There are a few in my neighborhood fo sho.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Saw one this evening as we were leaving DS's piano lesson. He quickly commented, "You could fold it up and put it on the back of your bicycle when you ride around town!"
[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

have you seen the "diablio" smart on youtube? some idiot got the great idea to drop in a JDM motor (either bike or car) and races the thing
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Brabus has its version of souped up Smarts - including the ForTwo.
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

novalight wrote:
have you seen the "diablio" smart on youtube? some idiot got the great idea to drop in a JDM motor (either bike or car) and races the thing

IDK if it's the same one I saw but I saw on Youtube a Smart with a Hyabusa Turbo motor in it.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

That would be the one
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Those are cool. If you want some other entertainment, search 'gixxer kart' or 'gixxer kart vs' on youtube!
Blueprint
MPVClub Addict
Still MPVClubbin'
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Car Sighting Reply with quote

Yesterday, driving home, I came up to a small, unknown car on the freeway. I first saw the "Carol" badge, then the driver on the right side. It was an old ('80s-early '90s) JDM Nissan Carol !
2012 Honda Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl, Truffle interior, oem acc: mudflaps, side mouldings, cargo net, cargo tray, steel wheels+tpms+LX covers for snow duty with Blizzaks WS70

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S, Magnetic Grey, 6-speed stick, oem wheel locks, oem steelies for winter

Dearly departed : 2003 Odyssey EX, 2004 Mazda MPV GS+GFX, 1999 CR-V, 2001.5 Passat, 1995 Civic, 1994 Tercel, 1986 Celica, 1986 Alliance, 1982 GLC, 1978 LeSabre, 1980 Corolla SR-5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: